Chapter 10

Merida

"What the hell did you just do?!" I whispered harshly and loudly at Em, as she pulled me into the corner of the large mess hall.

"Stuff. I did stuff." Em said, putting her hands on her hips. "Did you not see?"

I rolled my eyes, "Are you like, a witch or something?"

"I like to refer to myself as a medium or a skald.." Em simply replied, crossing her arms. "But whatever. Sort of, anyway-"

"But how did you do that?!" I questioned quickly. Em put a finger to my lips.

"Would you let me talk raggedy ann?!" She exclaimed quietly, then moved her finger away from my lips.

She sighed, and ran her fingers across her brow in concern and hesitation before speaking, "You are a target."

I raised my eyebrow. "A target? To who?"

"Demons." Em answered with a sigh, and I raised my eyebrows. Then my lips quickly curved into a smile, and turned into a nervous laugh.

"Demons.. Yeah.. Sure." I said, pulling at the collar of my shirt. My gaze turned serious, and I grabbed the neck of Em's shirt. "You're not messing with me, are you?"

Em shook her head, "I would never kid about demons. Ever. I'm being serious.."

I hesitated, but let Em's collar go. "Ugh, so, do you know why I am a target?"

"Because.." Em suddenly went silent, and looked around. "I can't talk about it here, anyone or anything could be watching."

She put a hand to her chin, and thought for a moment. "Um.. I'll go to your dorm tonight. I'll be bringing company with me. Who's your roommate?"

"Mavis." I answered.

She nodded, "Good, good. I know where the dorm is then. Well, I'll be coming tonight, okay? Try to keep Mavis asleep, or get her to go to bed early."

I nodded, "Whatever you say.." I replied. Em gave a curt nod, then she walked over to the table. She tapped Astrid on the shoulder. Astrid turned around as Em motioned for Astrid to follow her. Astrid did as she was motion-told, and followed Em to another table, where they sat with two different girls.

I walked back over to Mavis and Belle, and sat down.

"So, what did Em want?" Mavis asked, and I froze for a moment, trying to think of an excuse.

"Uh.. She Uh- Was just explaining to be how she did her... Magic stuff." I lied, and Mavis just nodded. Belle gave me an uncertain look, but then just shrugged and started a conversation.

***

I laid back in bed, staring up at the ceiling. I got Mavis to sleep by what she predicted was about 8:00. Now all I was doing was waiting for Em, and her company.

But how was she going to get in? There's no door, all entrances are sealed.. Eh, she must have a plan.. So I shouldn't really worry..

Suddenly a loud BANG went onto the wall, and a sudden blue spark went through. It cut around into the wall, in a rectangular shape.

Then there was a large burn mark was around the wall in a rectangle. The rectangle suddenly separated from the wall, and fell to the floor like a fallen door. It actually didn't make that big of a bang when it hit the ground.

There was a girl, who was not Em, standing in the rectangle-way. She blew out a blue spark lighter fun with one breath. "Boom," She said, "Perfect rectangle."