𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

For the first time in his life, he almost longed to be in the prankster's annoying presence. Not that he would ever tell her, but her company seemed welcome now more than ever.

➵ ➵ ➵

Robin closed her bedroom door and turned to face Calina, crossing her arms. "What do you think you are doing?"

"I'm not doing anything, what are you talking about?" Calina innocently shrugged, sitting on Robin's bed.

Robin gave her friend an annoyed look, before sitting crossed-legged on the bed.

"You can play dumb all you want, but you just offered me to show your Kingdom to a guy I literally just met!" She exclaimed, still confused at her friend's actions.

"Are you incapable of showing him around?" Calina raised an eyebrow.

"Well, no, but- "

"And don't you find him attractive?"

"No- " Robin shook her head, and her friend only gave her a disbelieving look. "Well, uh, maybe. I suppose, yes."

"And did you notice the way he was smiling and complimenting you?"

"What? Of course not!" Robin scoffed.

"You can't deny it. I was literally standing next to you and you were blushing like mad!"

"Well, maybe he was flirting a little and I answered back, but- "

"Then, why are you complaining?" Calina wondered, and Robin could only look away. In all honesty, the romance stuff had never truly been her thing. The way her last relationship had ended was proof of that.

Calina sighed, rubbing her temples. She was only trying to show her friend that she only wanted what was best for her.

"Look, you don't have to do it if you don't want to. I can just go and tell him you're not feeling well or something." She began, and Robin's glance turned to her again. "But you haven't had contact with many people, and playing with the elflings when we visit the market doesn't count as the best social interaction."

"But they are very nice to me! And we get to play and do fun stuff that you boring people are too uptight to even think of." Robin argued. "It's not my fault no one is willing to play Star Wars with me!"

"And I'm sure the kids enjoy your company just as much, but you can't go on forever with only Thranduil and me as your friends." She reasoned.

"First of all, Thranduil's not my friend!" Robin protested, perhaps a little too fast. "He's an ass."

"Sure, and I have fought a dragon!" Calina rolled her eyes. "The point is, it's good to meet new people, and Lord Aradhel is a nice guy who seems interested in you."

"How can you even know that? I just had my first real conversation with the guy!" The prankster argued.

"And how did that go? You can't tell me you didn't enjoy yourself." Robin shrugged and gave a small smile at the thought. She had actually liked talking to him. "See? I'm not telling you to go and fall in love with him, elope, and ride into the sunset. But just give yourself the chance to get to know him."

Robin sat in thought, giving it some consideration.

"If you end up not liking him that's fine, at least you have the experience. But if you do like him... Well, your kids are gonna be really cute!"

"I'm not gonna marry him!" Robin gasped, blushing madly at the thought. She had just met the guy, how was Calina already talking about marriage and kids? She didn't even know if she wanted to marry or have children. The prospect of giving birth scared her more than she liked to admit, and she wasn't sure about having to spend the rest of her life with someone. It was weird.