Chapter 16 - Flirts And Realization (✔ edited)

Start from the beginning

“Hi Annette” The older woman replied sourly. She kept a forced smile on her face but clearly irritated because her conversation with the younger man was interrupted.

“What would you order today, Mrs. Davis?” Annette asked plastering her sweetest smile on her face.

“Well,” She paused looking at Stephen biting her lips causing Stephen to shiver a little. “I’d like to order some tulips” she added flirtatiously running her index finger at Stephen’s arms causing Stephen to have shiver from goose bumps. He then moved back a little.

“Oh great!” Annette said as she linking her arms between Sylvia’s arms and dragged her politely. “Tulips have just been delivered five minutes ago, fresh from my garden.” She said pulling Sylvia away giving Stephen a sign to move away from the older woman. She is Stephen’s saviour for that.

“Oh Annette, your sweet for you to personally assist me but it is better if you’ll just relax and let your employee do this.” Sylvia said rolling her eyes.

“Mrs. Davis, It’s my very pleasure to assist you personally considering that you are a regular customer of mine ever since my business started.” Mrs. Carter answered sweetly as she smiled at her. Giving up Sylvia finally let Annette to assist her as Stephen sprayed water to some of the flowers in the pot.

*

After getting her order, Sylvia approached Stephen while Annette wasn’t around yet.

“Hi, Steve!” She said approaching Stephen. Stephen took a deep breath before turning at her direction. 

“Hello, Mrs. Davis” He smiled at her politely. She was a customer after all.

“I’m wondering if you are free for lunch.” The woman said with her very sexy smile. Her eyes screamed lust for the younger and it brought shivers to Stephen’s spine.

“I’m sorry Mrs. Davis but I—” He tried to decline politely but was cut off before he could even make an alibi.

“Dinner then? I won’t take no for an answer.”  The older woman insisted as he leaned towards the counter, showing a generous amount of cleavage. Stephen found it a little disgusting. This woman could be his parents older sister.

“With all due respect, ma’am but I’ve already made plans.” He told her honestly, doing his best to be polite.

“Stop with the alibis, darling. It won’t work on me.” Sylvia said, waving her index finger seductively at Stephen. “I’ll come back at around 6:30 pm?”

“I don’t think your husband nor your children would be happy about it, ma’am” Stephen pointed out shaking his head. This woman is quite stubborn, he thought.

“My husband died already and my sons have their own family now. I’m a very lonely woman, Steve.” She answered, pouting. She was trying to look pitiful and sexy at the same time. She looked like she was having cramps but pretending not to have one though.

“I’m sorry to hear that, Mrs. Davis.” Stephen apologized, not minding the fact that the old lady was trying to flirt with him.

“At 6:30 pm, okay?”

“I’m sorry Mrs. Davis but—“

“shh! I wouldn’t want to hear you alibi. I’ll be back later. Bye!” She said as she winked at her before she left.

“Extravagant customer but somewhat annoying woman” Annette pouted as she crossed her arms. Stephen just sighed after Sylvia left, seems like the older woman is just too stubborn to listen to him.