6

The next morning, Todoroki was on his way to class after an intense night of training and studying when he was suddenly grabbed and pulled into a dark room of some sort. He got ready to activate his quirk until a voice made him stop.

     "Fucking save it, Icyhot." Bakugo said plainly. Todoroki assumed he had a scowl on his face from the aggressive tone.

     "What do you want?" He replied with some irritation, though he was more relieved that the other didn't grab his hurt wrist when he pulled him into the closet.

     There was a pause in the room as Bakugo thought about what he would answer, the only sound being their heavy breathing from the stuffiness.

     "Deku was worried about you. You saw he didn't go to class yesterday afternoon, and that's the first time that has happened for as long as I've known him. He even goes to school when he's sick." Bakugo said angrily.

     They've known each other since childhood. Todoroki stood there with puzzlement for a minute before the blond continued speaking.

     "'How was that your fault'?" He practically read his mind. "After Deku went to talk to you at lunch yesterday, he disappeared and I found him crying in our dorm because you hurt his feelings." Bakugo narrowed his eyes at the boy, even though he couldn't see it. "I know your father is a pretty shit man, but that doesn't give you an excuse to hurt someone."

     Todoroki just stood there, speechless. Did Midoriya tell him about my 'father'? He wouldn't, would he? That isn't something I want going around. What if everyone knows? Hm.

"I overheard you and the nerd at the sports festival because you were practically speaking through fucking megaphones. Only Deku and I know." He answered Todoroki's questions again. He couldn't figure out whether Bakugo had a mindreading quirk, or if he was just that easy to read for the boy.

"Apologize to Deku. He's worried about you and it's annoying as hell." The explosive teen then left the room without another word and went to class.

Todoroki stood there in shock for another moment. Bakugo seemed to care about Midoriya more than he let on. It was weird to see him defending anything expect himself for once. His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the warning bell echoing throughout the school, causing him to stop his train of thought and rush to class before he got detention.

     ___

     When class was over, Todoroki went to Midoriya's desk and asked him to wait until everyone left.

     After five minutes, the room was finally quiet as the two boys were the only ones left inside.

     "Sorry. It was wrong of me to push you away when you only wanted to help." Todoroki said as he gazed into the other's bright emerald eyes to show his sincerity.

     "I-it's okay. I should pry into your life when you don't want me to." Midoriya answered with tears welling in his eyes.

Todoroki wasn't sure what to do as the boy began to cry, so he decided on wrapping his arms around him in a sort of hug, and gently rubbing his back. He wasn't sure if he was doing it correctly, but when the green-haired teen fully accepted the affection and began to sob in his chest, he felt more confident with his actions.

The two stood there for another few minutes before Midoriya's cries turned into light sniffles, and he pulled away.

"T-thanks, Todoroki." He thanked with a small smile, but anyone could tell that he was still worried behind the mask.

Todoroki looked down at his hurt wrist, then up at Midoriya. "I'll try to find a way to come back and stay in the dorms, but don't count on it." He said with reassuring eyes. "You should go have some lunch." Todoroki then left the classroom as Midoriya's eyes widened from the sudden departure. At least he was gonna try.

___

That night was quiet in the dorms. Midoriya wasn't sure what to do after his chat with Todoroki earlier. He could only worry about what was going on in the Todoroki household. Bakugo noticed the other's unusual silence, and kept glancing back from his homework to check on him, though nothing changed as the other only gazed at the bedsheets below him.

     "So fucking quiet." The blond muttered as he let his head fall onto the desk and then sat straight again. Bakugo groaned as he tucked his finished school work into his bag and flopped face-first onto his bed. "Oi, nerd. Da fuck you so quiet for?" The explosive teen couldn't handle the silence and sorrowful aura radiating from the other boy, it was ridiculous.

     "Hm?" Midoriya hummed in confusion as he looked up for the first time in twenty minutes. Bakugo's face scrunched up in annoyance from the other's 'idiocy', but still repeated himself.

"What the hell is on your mind, cause it's pissing me off?!" He yelled and banged his fist on the bedside table, little spark emitting from his palms.

     "I just hope everything goes well with Todoroki." Midoriya sighed with tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

     "So? Sitting there and worrying won't change anything, so why waste your time?" Bakugo got up and shoved the other lightly.

Midoriya's watery eyes met with the explosive teen's, his gaze silently begging for all of the answers to his questions.

"J-just go to bed. You can see Todoroki in the morning, so stop crying, shitty nerd." Bakugo sighed as he trudged to the other side of the room and aggressively slammed the light switch to turn it off, then went back to his bed and got under the covers. Midoriya followed suit and curled up with a few blankets.

     "Night Kacchan." He yawned and fell asleep.

     "... night Deku."