"So, Elena Parker. Do you have something on Wednesday?" Okay, so he knows my name. I glared at him as I asked, "Why?" 

I don't know Eric Turner as a person, except for his famous reputation of breaking girls' hearts. He does indeed have a charm, especially those hazel eyes, no wonder girls are head over heels over him. 

"I would like to take you on a date," he casually said smiling. Huh, a date? is he out of his mind?

"Huh," that's all I said turning my attention to Mr. Fitz. Yeah, I'm just gonna ignore him and act like I didn't hear what he said. 

My head propped backward before dropping forward as I sneezed, to get "Bless you," from him. Great, now the plan is the following. When Mr. Fitz dismisses the class I'm going to rush my way out or even run, so that Eric doesn't bring the date thing. 

And then it occurred to me that I haven't gone on a date before. What a pathetic loser I am? Still, I'm not going to give him hope for something that isn't serious. However if Eric asked me before I got into the deal with Adam, I will very much say yes.

It's just the fact that everything became complicated when Adam broke my world.  

"Class dismissed," Mr. Fitz said, and I rapidly took my notebook and stood up. Pacing quickly, I passed the door out to the hallway. It was busy with a lot of students, shoving my way out of the crowd I made my way to the library. 

"Where to?" a mocking tone, oh god my plan didn't work. Raising my sight, Eric blocked my way. A charming cocky smile on his lips, "You didn't answer me, what do you have on Wednesday?" 

Adjusting the baseball cap that rested on my hair, "Sorry, I'm not interested." 

He looked at me in disbelief, okay maybe that was a rude response and a lie. I'm interested, I just can't date anyone, not meantime. 

"Not to be offensive or something. You are a great guy, I mean any girl will love to go on a date with you. It's just that I can't date meantime, and I don't like to give false hopes," I uttered the absolute truth, giving him a small smile. 

"Ouch, that kind of broke my heart," he shook his head playfully, shrugging his shoulders he added, "Well, but I still want to meet you on Wednesday. Just think of it as a random meet." 

Talk about insistence, I tell you this guy defines it. I took a moment to think, gazing at his well-built body. An athlete body. He took a step forward, towering over me with his noticeable height. 

"Think about it sweetheart," he said nudging my cap upwards while staring at my face. I froze at his movement, "Tell me about it on Fitz next class," he added before turning his back, walking away. 

Okay, now why my life suddenly became interesting, filled with handsome men? 

"Hey, earth to Elena," I snapped from my thoughts to see Laura waving her hand in front of my sight. "What?" 

"Was that Eric Turner you were talking to?" she asked in disbelief. "Yeah it was him," I said carrying my walk to the library. I need some time with myself and a good book, before the next class. 

Laura march behind me, "You didn't tell me you know Eric," she said tossing a blonde curl. I sighed, "Well, I don't really know him. He just happens to sit next to me in history class." 

"Oh, I see," Laura barely mumbled as she kept walking. 

Passing the library doors, I questionably looked at Laura since she stopped in her track. "Aren't you coming?" I asked. 

"No, I will catch up with you later," she said firmly, her playful attitude nowhere to be seen. Why did her mood shift out of a sudden? 

I nodded at her in understanding, as I opened the massive wooden door. The library was dead quiet. Walking to my usual seat by the window, I dropped my notebook on the table. Looking around, there are two people in total. 

A male student with glasses and the Liberian. Waving at her, Helen waved back with a sweet smile. A book was in her hand, her half-grey hair up in a bun. 

Moving between the shelves, I stopped at the one labeled with 'Literature - Fiction'. My finger passed books spines, not knowing what to pick. I feel like today is a Dickens one, and so my hand finds Great Expectations

A hand shoved over my mouth, pressure against my lips, catching me in suprise as the panic rise in me. I should scream, but the grip is too firm. Another hand snake at my waist, slightly shoving me to the opposite shelf. Book spines stabbed my back as I fought the stranger's grip.

The book in my hand dropped causing a thud sound. 

Opening my eyes, I was regarded with blue eyes and dark hair. I sighed in relief when Adam drops his hands. 

"What the hell?" I uttered furiously trying to calm down my breath. Adam's eyebrows arched, "You tell me, who was the guy you were talking with ?" 

Seriously? 

"Adam, are you serious? you nearly caused me a heart attack, just to ask that. Are you out of your mind," I whispered. His jaw tensed, "I asked a clear question, who is he?" 

"Eric Turner, my classmate," I gritted my teeth, answering him even though it's none of his business. 

"Just a classmate?" Adam asked, his body towering me as he steps towards me. 

"I don't know, maybe he is more than a classmate. Why do you care?" I challenged while staring at his eyes. Someone will see us and it will be hard to explain anything, so he better finishes this conversation.

"It looks like you forgot that you are Mrs. Rutherford, and as long your last name matches mine. I do care," he brought his face close to mine, his nose brushing my feverish cheek. A shiver ran on my spine, as I stayed frozen in my place. 

Adam's head reverts away, and I found myself catching my breaths. His stare scanned me before a smirk found its way on his perfect lips, "Don't be late to class, you know I hate it when my students get late." 

"Like I care," I shoot back, along with a sneeze that waved through my nose. 

A faint laugh slipped from him as he turned away, "Bless you."

Great, for a moment I forgot about him and his damn classes, but it's Adam Rutherford who we are talking about. He always finds a way to ruin my day. Reminding me of his existence along with our marriage. 

..............................................

Hey lovelies, how have you been? what do you think about this chapter? what are your expectations? and did you like Eric? Please comment your thoughts, and vote. Stay safe, love ya💕