Chapter 1

Jannelle's POV.

In the bustling city of Manila, lived a passionate and dedicated girl named Janelle. Yeah, that's me,  a writer, and not just any writer. I was a dreamer, a weaver of words, who could transport anyone to a different world with my enchanting tales. I'm not being hambog okay?

Kagabi, I just found myself in the grip of an idea so compelling, so mesmerizing, that I couldn't tear myself away from my notebook. The words flowed from my pen like a river, filling page after page with a story that was begging to be told. The world around me faded away as I dove deeper into my narrative, completely oblivious to the passing time.

The night turned into dawn, and as the first rays of the sun peeked through my window, I was still writing, my hand cramping but my spirit undeterred. I was so engrossed in my story that I didn't notice the tiredness creeping into my eyes, the yawns escaping my lips, or the rumbling of my stomach.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door. It was my brother, Riguell, calling me for breakfast for sure.

"Ja, come on! You've been up all night. You need to eat something," he urged.

I looked up from my notebook, my eyes bleary but shining with excitement. I had been writing all night, but I didn't feel tired. I felt alive, exhilarated. I knew I had created something special.

With a smile, I closed my notebook and joined my brother for breakfast, my mind still buzzing with the characters and the world I had just brought to life. This was the life of mine, the girl who traded sleep for stories, and wouldn't have it any other way.

"Halika na, kakain na tayo may pasok pa ako. Bilisan mo naman diyan," sigaw niya kaya lumabas na ako nang k'warto at pumunta sa dinning area.

"P'wede mo naman na akong iwan kuya, alam ko naman na ang mga dapat kong gawin," saad ko pagkarating sa dinning area.

Nakita ko naman siya na naghahanda nang pagkain sa lamesa, sa totoo lang ang s'werte ko sa kuya ko kasi kahit na busy ang mga magulang namin sa trabaho 'di niya ako pinababayaan.

My brother, Riguell, was not just my sibling, but also my guardian, my protector. He was always there for me, especially when it came to my unique condition. I had a rare and peculiar ailment, one that made my breath hitch, my heart race, and my body freeze whenever I was confronted with darkness. It was more than just a fear; it was a physical reaction, a sickness that had been a part of my life for as long as I could remember.

Riguell, being the caring brother he was, took it upon himself to ensure that I was always safe and comfortable. He made sure our home was always well-lit, and he never left her alone when the sun went down. But most importantly, he made sure I took my medicine, a special concoction that helped me manage my symptoms.

Every morning, after our breakfast together, my brother would gently remind me about my medicine. "Ja, it's time for your medicine," he would say, handing me a glass of water and the small pill that held the promise of a day without fear.

Despite my reluctance towards the bitter pill, would always take it, comforted by my brother's concern and understanding. We were in this together, facing the darkness and fighting my fears, one day at a time. And every day, with my brother by my side and my medicine in my system, I felt a little stronger, a little braver, ready to face the world and keep weaving my enchanting tales.

"Tumawag ba sa 'yo si Lola?" Tanong nito sa akin.

"Hindi naman kuya, bakit?"

"May ipapadala raw siya sa 'yo, regalo niya raw."

"Eh kuya 'di ba sa susunod na linggo pa ang birthday ko?"

"Ewan ko, si Lola na lang tanungin mo."

"Sige."