A slow smirk spread across Khaana's face, "I went to Ubba of my own will, and I was stolen away by Danes, and return here of my own will again." Khaana said in a low quiet tone. Closing in on the boy even still, he side glanced towards the trees. "mhmm there you are." Leofric murmured, unsheathing his sword he moved as silently as he could towards the direction.

"You can tell your master, that he is a fraud and a cheat. I will not serve a snake, even one so smart as Kjartan." Khaana said coming to a stop. "it is a shame, we didn't want to do this, this way." said the boy looking up at Khaana to match her gaze. However, her smirk only grew.

A rustling came from the brush, "we? You talkin' about this lot?" Leofric called loudly, a large grin on his face as he lead two Danes out from the trees, his blade aimed at their backs as they marched out with hands held high. The boy's eyes closed slowly, "We cannot return empty-handed." He said quickly. "You aren't, I gave you a message to relay to your master. I will never be his, I'd sooner take my own head." Khaana said, her words sharping, she closed the remaining distance between them.

Dark eyes searching the grey eyes of the little Dane who now shook, "He killed, Jarl Ragnar the fearless and his family with the help of traitorous Saxons, without giving them the chance to fight - I tried to take Valhalla away from them." she whispered, "I will see him fed to Jormungandr, and when the worlds end comes, I will make his end of Ice, Fire, and Teeth." said Khaana.

The boy nodded vigorously, "I-I'll tell him. I will." He stammered. Khaana reached out, and with a light touched slipped the knife off of the boy's belt. "good," she praised stepping away. The boy exhaled. Khaana's snarky smile fell away from her face, as she shook her head "Unfortunately, I'm still due my pound of flesh." she said. No sooner had the words left her mouth did she chuck the knife towards the two Danes Leofric held captive. It lodged into one's chest, thrown with such force half of its wooden hilt was dug into the flesh. 

The second man moved as if to run, "Easy, stay where you are, or it may be worse for you." Leofric told him, inching the point of his sword closer to the man's back. Khaana nodded to the boy, "Take Kjartan the dying one's head....then your hands shall not be empty." Khaana said.

Leofric frowned, He didn't like the idea of making a man take the head of his ally.  But he could see from the cold look in Khaana's eyes that it was best to remain quiet about this. The Boy was quick, he rushing to his sputtering friend on the ground, taking the man's sword he curled it up in his fists. "I'm sorry." the boy murmured, snatching the knife from his chest. With a faint gasp, the light left the dying man's eyes. 

Leofric and Khaana stood by as the boy then brought out his blade, and took the fallen warrior's head tucking it carefully under his arm, "you may go." Leofric said giving the remaining Dane a shove. the two tore off without another word said. Khaana watched them until they would no longer be seen or heard.

Sheathing his sword, Leofric stepped over the headless body and stood at Khaana's side, he peered down at her, "You terrify me sometimes." He sighed, turning his gaze to the trees. "Good," She hummed, "and fascinate me others." He added. Khaana looked up at him and raised a brow, "what?" He asked her. Khaana simply shook her head and headed for their horses.

"Let's go, not a word to Osbert." She called.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"where had Ragnar kept the Prisoners?" Brida asked two guards as she walked through the village they had taken. "Down in the basement of the church. why?" asked the guard. "I need one," Brida stated simply, continuing on her way. She descended the steeps stone steps of the church basement, If Ragnar wasn't going to let go of Khaana she would need Khaana to let go of him.