Sang's the 1:Part 16

Wil steered me towards the trailers through another exit so that we wouldn't have to pass the gawkers again right now. 

My legs were shaking badly and, had it not been for Wil's arm being a steel band around my waist, I knew I would be a heap on the ground by now.

We got to a relatively empty hallway and Wil propped me up against some lockers. "Sang? That wasn't necessary."

"Wil," I put a hand up in a stopping motion. "Yes it was. He hurt you. And don't think I'm not pissed off at you too. You didn't tell me! Do you realize how much it hurts to find out from someone else that someone I love so much has been hurt and didn't even tell me?!"

"Sang, stop yelling. You don't intimidate me like these other people." He had a weary look and sighed. "I would've told you after school. You're driving, remember?"

"I don't think Tony would've appreciated the crash I would've gotten into if you'd told me while I was driving."

"We've got to change that jeep's name. Tony just doesn't fit anymore."

"No changing the subject," I said.

"I'm not," Wil innocently injected. "It was just a thought. Besides, I happen to think 'William' would fit it too."

He smiled and it was nice and kind. It was a 'truce' kind of smile.

I smiled back. Except I verbalized it, "Truce? We're okay again?"

"Yes, we're better than okay. Sang, I--I just worry about you. I don't like watching you fight. You get all--"

"Brutal like a fuckin savage," I snarled still angry with myself. I may or may not have been trying to press down some lingering hurt feelings from the look of disappointment that seared me from Mr. Blackbourne's eyes.

"No. You fight beautifully, like a warrior woman from Valhalla or something. I just don't like that you have to fight so much. I don't like that you fight idiots like that--" he pointed back the way we'd come, "and they don't act like you're a girl. Believe it or not, you are a girl."

I laughed and looked at my chest. "Um...yep! One, two, I got two reasons to think so right here."

Wil rolled his eyes but smiled at me. 

"You ready for this meeting?"

I must have had a blank expression because he said "It's lunchtime. You've got the 1s meeting right now, remember?"

I nodded, "Yeah and the 2s are coming too....but if its lunchtime, where are all the bustling students?"

"Yeah that's weird," Wil scratched at his temple, "The halls are never this quiet around lunch time especially."

"These kids are crazy enough to deal with on a regular day. We'll worry about them being quiet if and/or when it becomes a real problem. Shall we?"

I crooked out my elbow and he slipped his arm through it. We walked through the halls like that all the way out to the trailers where we would have our meeting with Rocky the Jock Idiot and Greg the Pothead Idiot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We sat in the trailer quietly chatting together for about 15 minutes. 

No one had shown up; Greg, Rocky, Eddy, nor Jay. 

We were just about worried and deciding that perhaps we should go check up on them when Jay came in the room. I liked Jay well enough. He was quiet, always observing, and he had an inner strength-outwardly calm thing going on that reminded me of Silas Korba or maybe North Taylor.