𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕

Começar do início

"See? All better. Please don't beat yourself up about this. We did an amazing job last night." He gave a small smile but then looked down at my lips. I didn't realize how close we had gotten while I was healing the bullet hole. 

I could feel my heart start to beat fast as he leaned in and kissed me. He wasn't hesitant like our first kiss. This time, he kissed me deeper, like it was a deep and urgent need. I wrapped my arms around his neck while his hands cradled my face. 

He gently pushed me back onto the bed. Then it shifted into something different, like our existence depended on this kiss. I could sense that he was still sad, so I focused on distracting him. I pulled him closer to me so that he was almost on top of me. I could feel him playing with the braid in my hair and then realized that he was taking it out. 

He tangled his hands in it and I tangled mine in his. Then, I reached up further and touched his ears. They were so soft. I could feel him laugh into my mouth but then we both heard the door creak open. We both paused and opened our eyes, embarrassed that we had been caught. 

He quickly composed himself and turned to look at the door. I leaned to the side and saw it was Nifty in the door. She had the biggest smile on her face. I started laughing out loud and fell back onto the bed. It really hurt to laugh, but I couldn't stop it. Al chuckled at my laugh. "What do you need Nifty?"

"Well, I came to see if y/n was okay, but it seems like you are both doing just fine." She smiled and then closed the door. He turned back to me with an awkward smile on his face that just made me laugh some more. 

"Your laugh is even intoxicating." He pulled me in for another kiss and then I realized that we should probably go downstairs. 

I mumbled into his mouth, "Wait, wait, wait." I pulled away, " We have to go downstairs. I bet Angel is feeling as guilty as you were." 

 He pulled away and looked at me with something that I couldn't interpret. I felt a blush spread across my face.

"I got to go see Angel, and I also need to call the imps about their mission."

"Why the imps?"

"They were supposed to get rid of all of Valentino's weapons, but it seems like they missed one," I said before I even thought about what his reaction might be. I cringed as I saw fury flash through his eyes. "Don't be angry! I understand how they could have missed one. I'm surprised they even got most of them off." 

"Then they should have tried harder. Valentino was powerless without anything."

I decided to leave it because I didn't want to make his mood worse. I mean, I was the one that got shot. I slowly swung my legs over the side of the bed. I grasped my stomach as I stood up. "Guess it doesn't heal the feeling of being shot."

He gave me a small smile as he helped me up, but his face was still serious. I hugged him and looked up, "Hey, we both defeated Valentino and he's gone. Only a few more to go."

He chuckled, "You never stop, do you?" I smiled and shook my head as I walked into the bathroom. 

"I'll be out in a second." I closed the door and leaned against it. My stomach was burning from my recent movement. I felt the place where the hole had only been a second ago. All I wanted to do was collapse on the ground and fall asleep, but I have work to do. In the mirror, I noticed my face was almost completely untouched, except for a scratch along my right cheekbone. 

I went to the closet and pulled out a black tank top and black sweatpants. Just because I had to work today doesn't mean I couldn't be comfortable. I looked back into the mirror and started brushing my hair. It was slightly tangled from when Al had wrapped his hands in it. I paused in the middle of the action and blushed.

I remembered when he had pushed me back onto the bed and completely enveloped me in the kiss. I smiled slightly and then resumed brushing my hair. I walked out a couple of minutes later and found Al had put his coat back on. 

He opened the door for me and made our way downstairs together. Before we had even got down to the 2nd floor, I was grasping his arm for support. He rolled his eyes and smiled before sweeping me up in his arms. "If you need help, all you have to do is ask dear."

I blushed as we continued walking down the stairs. "I was doing just fine."

He laughed, "You could barely walk down the stairs y/n."He was holding me extremely close to his chest so that he didn't jostle me on the way down.

 I thought back to our little session before we had come down. I had no idea where our relationship was going to go next, but I knew that I liked him. If I didn't, I wouldn't feel the little butterflies in my stomach every time he looked at me.