⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟏

Start from the beginning

"yunhee!" jeno rushed to her side, helping her get back onto her feet and guiding her to the table so that no one else had their chances to pick on her.

"i think everyone woke up this morning and decided to pick me as their punching bag." she joked as she sat down next to mark. the others didn't laugh, sending each other knowing looks.

"maybe you shouldn't sit next to me today." mark said.

"what? why?" she asked, feeling hurt.

"read this... but warning, it isn't very nice." chenle pushed the newspaper towards her and she hesitantly rolled it open.

"hufflepuff, muggle-born, yunhee kim, shamefully throws herself at hogwarts champion, mark lee, while having durmstrang's champion, victor krum's best friend wrapped around her finger... an article written by rita skeeter." yunhee placed the paper down and after a few moment of silence, she burst out into laughter.

"what?! you're laughing?!" renjun exclaimed, confused by her bizarre behaviour.

"how are you laughing at this?" mark questioned, just as confused.

"i'm sorry, you got dragged into these lies with me, mark. i can't help but laugh. i find it so funny how this woman tried to make a hot scoop with such a ridiculous thing about me, and the fact that it's got all of mark's fan girls knickers in a knot. it's amusing, honestly."

"i wasn't expecting that reaction at all..." mark admitted. "aren't you upset about all the girls treating you cruelly?"

"i can put up with it. it's not too much of an issue, but do you really want me to stay away from you to prevent any more rumours?" she asked, preparing herself to move next to jeno.

"i don't care about the rumours. i'm only worried about you and those that will go after you, so i thought you staying away from me for now would be good for you."

"mark, i'm not going to let this ridiculous thing get in between our friendship. these gits can believe what they want because i'm not staying away." she announced, proudly.

"that's the spirit!" jeno cheered, raising his hands. "we shouldn't let these gits ruin anything for us. we have to stick together."

"exactly. now, let's go to class. together." chenle said, emphasising on the 'together'.

yunhee smiled at her friends who were clearly trying to lighten up the mood for the two that had fallen victim to rita skeeter and her awful articles. she wordlessly followed them to their potions class with professor snape and took a seat on the second row from the back of the classroom with chenle who was her desk partner.

the class seemed to be going as normal until a girl dropped some liquid, she had been carrying, all over yunhee's robes. it had a putrid smell that stuck to her even when she wiped her robes dry.

"professor." a student at the desk in front of her raised her hand. "someone here smells awful. can i move seats?"

yunhee's face lit up from embarrassment when others snickered, knowing the smell was coming from her. she put her head down, focusing on her work as chenle whispered comforting words to her. it didn't help though. she could hear all the whispers and laughs from around her.