Sang's the 1:Part 9

Start from the beginning

It was more a statement than a question. It was a "get out of my class" but it was more polite.

"She doesn't have a printed schedule Mr. Blackbourne," Kota provided.

Way to throw me to the shark, Clark.

He raised another eyebrow before moving to a desk on the other side of the room with a computer on it. Talk about pushed to the side. I hadn't even noticed it.

Then again, I don't think my eyes were up to noticing anything but the gorgeous specimens inside when I first came in this room.

"Would you mind if we looked at it online then?," he said and i was pretty sure he already knew it. At this point, i had little doubt that Mr. Blackbourne was waiting me out, testing to see what i did. I just knew that he knew.

Still my mind raced through the possibilities. 

What if Wil had done some new password thingy? He handled all the tech stuff. I could get around a computer but i wasn't an expert by a long shot.

Still...Wil thought of all kinds of scenarios before he made one move. He wouldve thought of this.

I nodded "I don't mind."

He did some clicking with the mouse, some typing with the keyboard, and after minutes of silence from us, he said "Ms. Sorenson, please provide your student ID."

"AW0806." I may or may not have added a Sir Yes Sir! as if were in a boot camp or something.

Its not my fault he gave off that vibe. Heck, i was this close to saluting.

I could swear i saw a tiny corner of his mouth lift up. It wasn't enough to be called a real smile, maybe a millimeter smile?

I couldnt prevent releasing one of my own. Mr. Blackbourne had a millimeter smile and I had seen it!

Okay maybe i only saw it because I'm staring at him like a fangirl but--

"Ms. Sorenson it seems you are enrolled in this class," his voice held no surprise whatsoever "But, forgive me, I was of the mind that it was reserved for my own students." What are you doing on the register? was implied.

Inwardly i questioned him. Is it me or was that "are" laced with accusation? Sounded like he just left out "still."

Outwardly though, I just nodded. What else could i do or say?

I regretted that when he pursed his lips slightly in a frown.

I hurriedly verbalized my nod with a "Yes sir," though that seemed inadequate.

"It really is a scheduling mishap, though. We must find somewhere else to place you Ms. Sorenson. You do not belong in this classroom at this particular period of time," he finished. I was saddened as what i heard was more along the lines of "you do not belong with these students," and I had grown attached to the Academy Guys in a weirdly close way despite the newness of our friendships.

Not to mention I had legitimate reasons for being in this class besides the personal ones of wanting the eye candy all to myself for a whole period. But, crap, I most definitely couldn't tell him that.

"Im sorry, I believe the schedules are locked by now sir." Please let them be locked.

He went back to looking at the computer.

"It says here that you are a violin student." He looked pointedly at my empty hands and raised that imperious eyebrow again.

I blushed and stammered through some incoherent mumble of an excuse for not having an instrument with me. I'm pretty sure i mentioned my dad and Bryan somewhere in it.

"Sang what the heck did you say?" 

I turned around and Luke's arm came around my shoulders. I looked up and his eyes seemed to be caught off somewhere in a dreamland.

He was a daydreamer!

But how did he say that and drop into one that quickly? He must be a pro! 

I heard talking off to the side but was too caught up in my thoughts of Luke and his daydream. I wondered if he was dreaming of a future thing or..more likely an old or current girlfriend. Luke was way too hot to not have a girlfriend. Heck they all were and here i was drooling over them.

Eventually though Gabriel came and stood beside us. and said "Do you actually play the violin like at all? I mean do you have one or did you just choose an instrument?"

He was literally in my face. Like our-noses-were-touching kind of in my face. God he smelled delicious.

"N-no. I've always wanted to learn to p-play the violin. There's s-so much--" i stuttered so much that I just gave up mid-sentence. It wasn't fair. I didn't stutter at all before i met these guys.

"Why?" 

And questions like this. Nobody asked me real in depth questions anymore except maybe Wil. How could i explain that listening ti violin and piano music often transported me to another dimension, another world, another place entirely?

I simply shrugged "I like how it sounds."

He nodded as if he recognized that my answer was much more complicated.

i could still hear talking and realized that he and Luke had been distracting me! Not Sang Sorenson! I had a right to be involved in--Tell them Sang, i ordered myself. Stepping around Gabriel i said "I have a right to be involved in whatever you're discussing if it has to do with my schedule which I'm almost certain it does."

I stared right at each of them. Nathan turned away from my gaze. Victor blushed and did the same. Kota blushed a little but his lips started moving at an almost incomprehensible speed but he kept looking at me. North and Mr. Blackbourne held my gaze steadfastly. It was them I was sure.

Ms. Sorenson," Mr. Blackbourne began "we are deciding which class to put you in. You do not have a study hall. This would benefit all."

He seemed sure i was going to smile and thank him. North knew me a little better as he didn't speak only keeping a wary watchful eye on me. "I do not agree Mr. Blackbourne. I am quite fine where I am.

Gabriel tapped my shoulder catching my attention again and yet again i heard talking to the side. I moved to speak my mind. I would not allow anyone to arbitrarily make my decisions. 

A song began to filter slowly and softly through the room but it was loud enough to muffle whatever they were saying. 

My body unconsciously relaxed and all tension fled from my body. I ignored the still talking boys and focused entirely on the harmony.

I knew this song. It was Bryan's absolute number one favorite song as he said it made him think of me. of course I'd listened to it many many times.

It was She Is Like the Swallow by Lucia Micarelli. As i let my problems and bad thoughts fly from my body with the melody, the composer's name released itself on a whispered breath, "Lucia Micarelli." It was all at once praise for her masterpiece version of the song and a thank you as, whenever i listened to it, i felt i was no longer old broken Sang.

As it finished, the last note seemed to pull the relaxed feeling from my.body and replace it with the tension I'd released. All my worries about the Rank Rivalries, about not being good enough to.protect everyone, about what was really going on with the Academy. Guys, about if Greg and Rocky were really planning another Last Day as the rumor went,.....all of it piled back on me and i literally felt my shoulders sag.

I opened my eyes and took a breath ready to charge back into the fray. They didn't know or understand, but i had to stay in this class for their protection.

"Ms. Sorenson," his voice was the softest I'd heard it since he'd walked in "I believe you are in the right place after all."