Black Roses For Miss Mills

"Hello?" Emma said after entering the small flower shop.

It was a small shop, but it had more flowers than Emma has ever seen in her entire life.

Roses, dahlias, chrysanthemums and a billion of other types of of flowers were placed on the shelves of the shop and gave the room a good smell.

"Hi! How can I help you?" a petite brunette with big puppy eyes asked while taking off her pair of green rubber gloves.

"Ehm, I'm here for some flowers" Emma replied, feeling stupid immediately after her answer.

Of course she was there for flowers!

The brunette smiled kindly noticing the blush on Emma's face and moved behind the counter.

"Are them for a friend? Your parents? A lover maybe?" she said giggling and raising her eyebrows playfully.

Emma laughed at that, but didn't know how to reply.

Was Regina a friend? Not really. She wasn't her lover either for sure.

"Are you looking for a bouquet?" the brunette asked again after a couple of seconds of silence.

"Ehm yeah thanks" Emma replied.

"What about roses? They're classic, pretty and never get old" the other girl suggested.

"Do you have the black ones?" the blonde asked and the other looked at her with a surprise look, but said nothing and nodded.

"Then I'll buy a bouquet of black roses please"

*****

"Here's your bouquet" the brunette said while putting a small bow on it.

"You made a weird face when I told you what I wanted, did I say something wrong?" Emma asked while handing her the money.

"No, everything's fine" she replied and gave her a kind smile.

Emma raised an eyebrow at the that. She didn't believe her.

"It's-Its just that there's only one person in this town who likes black roses and she's not very...well...let's say she's not very friendly, so I'm a bit surprised that she's seeing someone" she replied with a sigh.

"Oh I see-wait, what? We're not seeing each other, it's just a gift" Emma replied, her cheeks and neck red with embarrassment now.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you" the brunette said with a giggle.

"Do you want me to leave a note? I can write one and put it into the bouquet"

"No thanks, the bouquet will be enough" and with that she took the flowers and left the shop.

*****

Emma was in front of Regina's front door and was about to knock, but then stopped.

She thought about the night before and how weirdly Regina acted.

Did I do or say something wrong Emma thought while walking in the garden.

"Are you going to stay there all day or are you going to knock at some point?" Emma got scared and turned around, but when she saw no one she thought she was going crazy.