Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

"W-well, I can change the plan. I mean maybe, I don't have to be cruel enough to make him full in love with me. That was probably a bit too far. Maybe gold-digging him from the position of his friend will be enough," I suggested with a weakly optimistic smile.

"Or better yet, why don't you quit the plan altogether and gently explain to him the truth!" Brandon suggested.

"Tell him the truth! Are you fucking crazy? He would never, ever speak to me again," I whispered frantically, my eyes widening to the size of saucers.

Brandon stared at me blankly for a full thirty seconds, excessively blinking as he did. "So let me get this right; you don't want to quit the plan. Which might I add, is a plan which consists of you using him and breaking his heart. And you're doing this because you supposedly still 'hate him, and still want revenge.' But, miraculously at the same time, you also don't want to see him hurt and are troubled by the idea of him not talking to you," he asked slowly. "Am I the only one seeing a ginormous contradiction?" he scoffed. 

I paused and reflected on his disturbing yet accurate words for how I was feeling. Hearing it all laid out on the table like that made me sound like an absolute lunatic.

I ran a hand through my hair in frustration. "I mean, look, I know it sounds crazy but, I mean, ....I...er, ugh-" I spat out in frustration when the ability to speak failed me. "Look, I don't want to talk about this anymore! Can we get this stupid dramatic break-up thing on the road; already?"

"You know, not talking about your problems doesn't make them go away," he sang. 

"Brandon!" I hissed. 

"Okay, fine, I'll shut up, I'll shut up," he said as he held his hand up in defense.

"So...er..how are we actually going to break up?" Brandon muttered. 

"I don't know, maybe we could stage it, so it looks as though I found out you cheated?" I suggested.

 He pulled a face. "Eww no, I don't want him to think I'm a cheater," he winced. 

"Fine, fine, okay, we'll think of something else," I trailed off as I racked my brain for a good reason.

After a straight minute of thinking, and nothing coming to mind, I flopped down onto my bed in frustration. "I can't think of a single thing, and Nathan's out there, waiting for us to come back," I grumbled as I stared miserably up at the ceiling.

"You know what, I've got it," Brandon said, excitement pouring from his tone. 

"What? Tell me!" I questioned as I leaned eagerly up on my forearms.

 Brandon smiled. "We say stupid vague crap that he won't even understand," he said, nodding his head eagerly. 

"The fuck are you on about?" I laughed as I looked him up and down in vague amusement.

"Look, think about it. If we yell out a bunch of weird cliché lines like, 'it's not you, it's me,' he'll go with it. I'm pretty sure it's how most people break up nowadays anyways," he explained with the vigorous nod of his head.

 I paused for several seconds. "You know what, fuck it, let's do it," I shrugged as I rose to my feet.

Brandon rubbed his hands together in excitement as he made his way to the door. "Finally, those random high school drama sessions are finally going to have use," he chuckled merrily to himself as he swung open the door.

As soon as the door was open, I instantly wiped the smile from my face for the sake of acting and shoved past Brandon as though I was mad at him. Once we were in direct line of where Nathan still sat on the kitchen stool, I swerved around and gave Brandon a spiteful look.