i missed you.

Chases pov
Maddie's been away for two months. She was filming Knives Out 2. She was in Greece first for two months but in the past few days they've been filming in Serbia. This is the longest we have ever been away from each other and she's in Serbia for another month.

It was taking a toll on Mads. Some nights she would FaceTime me in tears because she was stressed and just wanted comfort. I'm incredibly proud of her work and what she's doing though, she's amazing.

It was just morning here in Los Angeles, meaning it was night time in Serbia. Time zones suck. I was just sat with Milo in our LA home when my phone screen lit up. Mads was calling. I answer it immediately.

"Hey Mads" I say smiling through the phone screen. Although my smile drops when I see her teary eyes. "What's wrong, Mads?" I ask worried. "I can't do this for another month, I miss you" she says sadly. "I miss you so much too. So does Milo" I say, showing Milo. "Hi baby mi" Maddie coos through the phone.

"Tell me about your day" I say to my girlfriend. "It was a tough day today. I had loads of scenes and they were all hard to shoot. There was one that was entirely underwater. I'm exhausted" she says, sighing. It was awful knowing I couldn't just wrap her up in my arms and comfort her.

"Aw I'm sorry you've had a tough day Mads. Do you have the day off tomorrow?" I ask, knowing it was Friday today. She shakes her head, "I have a few scenes to shoot tomorrow. I have the day off on Sunday though" she says, smiling.

"How many more days until I can see you?" She asks, her voice cracking. "30 days left, babe" I say sadly. I look at her through my phone and see a tear roll down her cheek. "Hey, hey. Don't cry Mads. It's alright" I say. "It's not. I come back after a long day shooting. All I want is a hug from you. I can't even do that. It's been too long" she says. "The house is pretty boring here without you" I say and she smiles.

She began to yawn and I could tell she was tired. "Go to sleep Mads. I'll FaceTime you when you wake up" I say and she nods. "I love you Chase" she tells me. "I love you even more. Sleep well Mads" I say and end the call.

Without even thinking, as soon as the call ended tears were now streaming down my face. I hated seeing her like this. Madelyn is tough but going across the world for 3 months when you don't know anyone is tough.

I really needed to see her sooner than in 30 days. I grab my laptop and search for flights. The flight time from Los Angeles to Serbia was long but fortunately, there was a flight that leaves tomorrow. I could surprise her.

I called Rudy first, to check her could look after Milo. I was planning on staying with her the entire month. "Hey Rudy" I say when he answers the call. "Hey bro, what's up?" He asks. "Is there any chance you could look after Milo for the next month? I know it's a lot but I was thinking of going to surprise Mads in Serbia" I tell my best friend. "Of course. I love Milo and you need to go get your girl. I know you miss her just as much" Rudy says. "Thanks, can I drop him off tomorrow?" I ask and he tells me I can.

As soon as I end the call, I get a suitcase and pack plenty of clothes. I didn't want to tell Madelyn I was going to Serbia. Even though I'm leaving tomorrow (Saturday) the flight takes a long time so I won't arrive until Sunday morning. It's perfect timing though because she has the day off on Sunday.

I message Maddie's co-star to let her know the plan and she loves it. She told me that she's going to arrange a spa morning for herself and Maddie on Sunday morning and she'll make sure there's a room key for me since they were staying in a hotel. I had the perfect idea. I would arrive whilst Mads is at the spa and when she comes back, I'll be standing in her hotel room. I'll make sure I grab some flowers. I can't wait to see her.