moments.

Chases pov
It's currently just past 1am. We have had such a busy and hectic filming schedule recently and Maddie was stressed about everything. She was such a trooper though, she would go to work and try her best no matter how she was doing.

When we got home though, it took a toll on her. It's already 2am now and she's struggling to sleep. She's tossing and turning and I can tell she's overthinking. "Hey Mads, what's up?" I ask her. She thought I was asleep but I woke up. She sighs, "Sorry I woke you" she tells me. I wrap my arm around her and bring her closer to me, "Don't worry about it. What's on your mind?" I ask her. "Everything" she says.

"I'm just so fucking stressed and tired, I want to sleep but I just can't" she tells me annoyed. "Have you slept at all tonight?" I ask her but she shakes her head. I was awake now so I wouldn't go back to sleep for a little while anyways and we had the next day off work so I said, "Do you wanna go for a walk, or a drive? It might help you."

"I would love to, do you want too though? If you want to sleep it's okay" she says but I stop her, "I would like to Mads. Anyways, I would rather spend time with you than go to sleep" I say and she laughs. We change into warms clothes which were just sweatpants and hoodies. Maddie put my hoodie on and once we had our shoes on we put Milo on his leash and started to walk.

It was nice where we lived in Charleston since there was beaches within walking distance. It was pretty dark so we didn't actually go onto the beach but we sat on the bench, overlooking it. "Thank you, for everything Chase. You're the best" Mads tells me and rests her head on my shoulder. I reach over for her hand and just hold it. "You mean so much to me, my love" I reply and kiss her on her forehead.

We sit on the bench for probably about an hour before I started to get more chilly. "I'm freezing" Maddie says but laughs. Without a thought I take my jacket off and put it in her, "No Chase, you'll be cold" she says and tries to give me it back but I don't let her. "Hey I'm fine, I'm not that cold so you have it" I reply and she finally gives in. I lied, I was absolutely freezing but if it means Mads is warm, I don't care. We walk back to our apartment complex hand in hand with Milo walking beside us.

Small things like this meant a lot to us.

The small moments.

Moments.

Every moment was special in our relationship. We just work and fit each other so well and we are both so lucky to find each other.

"You know you can tell me anything that's bothering you?" I ask her and give her hand a gentle squeeze. "I know, it's just I wasn't even sure myself how I was
feeling" she explains and I just let her talk to me. By the time we got back to our apartment it was 3am, I was glad we had the day off work.

Milo immediately went to sleep when we got in and Maddie and I got changed into different clothes and got into bed. "I love you Mads" I remind her and she rests her head on my chest. I stroke her hair, I know it comforts her and she likes it.

Within minutes, she was asleep. I smiled to myself, she was getting the rest she needed. She worked so hard and never gave herself a break. I wasn't going to wake her up until later on, so she could get more sleep. Once I knew Mads was definitely asleep, I began to fall asleep myself.

However...

I woke up to the sound of someone vomiting. It was only me and Mads who lived here, besides Milo and I knew it definitely wasn't him. I jumped out of bed instantly and ran to the bathroom, the light wasn't even turned on so it was completely dark. I turn the light on and see the state my girlfriend is in.