all we need.

In the future
Madelyns pov
Me and Chase have four kids, I guess you can say we were pretty busy after Outer Banks. We had Ava, our eldest who is 16. She was born just before we started shooting season 3 and then we have Dylan who is close in age to Ava, he just turned 14 last week and the two are like best friends. Then we have the twins, Lydia and Lexie who are almost 6 and so mischievous. We were also planning on another little one in the next year.

Chase was leaving today for almost two months, he was shooting a film in Mexico which is miles away from our home in Los Angeles. I would be able to manage the kids since Ava is a great help but we would all miss him, a lot. Ava is such a daddy's girl, they've always had this close bond whereas Dylan was a mommas boy and the twins were mutual.

We were all awake early, so we could all drop Chase off at the airport. "Morning, my love" Chase says and wraps his arms around me. "Are you excited?" I ask him and he nods. "I really don't want to be away from you guys this long though" he says. "Yeah I know but we will FaceTime everyday and we might be able to visit you in a few weeks" I suggest and he nods. "I think you should go wake the kids up, it'll be your last time in a while" I say and he just laughs at me, knowing it's a difficult job for us both.

Chases pov
I woke Ava up first, she's the easiest. I open her curtains and shake her awake gently. "Morning, Aves" I say, calling her the nickname we had for her since she was little. "Morning Dad" she says smiling. "Don't leave today" she says and I just sigh. "I don't want to but I have to. I'll be home soon" I say and she nods. "Can you do me a favour?" I ask my teenage daughter and she nods her head. "Please look after your Mom and help with the twins and watch Dylan, he does dumb shit" I say. "Yeah, of course. You didn't need to ask I would do that anyways" she says and sits up and hugs me. "I love you Dad" she says. "I love you too Aves" I reply.

Once we finished talking, I left her to go get sorted and I went into Dylan's room. "Hey, man. It's time to wake up" I say and he immediately wakes up and i leave him, knowing I can trust him to wake up himself and get sorted. "Mads, help me with the twins?" I ask my wife. The twins were a nightmare to wake up. Maddie laughs and we head to the twins bedroom, which they shared. They insisted on sharing because of monsters and stuff so we just let them.

"Come on Lyds wake up. You too Lexie" I say turning the light on but it didn't seem to wake them up. After shaking them both they finally woke up. They were still so sleepy. "If you guys wake up we might be able to have a beach day?" Mads says, bribing them. "Smart moves Mom" I say jokingly. "Beach Mama?" Lexie says half asleep. "Yes, if you wake up and join us for breakfast before daddy leaves" Maddie says and that was enough to get the two twins out of bed and at the breakfast table.

"I don't want you to leave daddy" Lydia says sadly. "I know princess but I'll be quick and you'll have fun with your mom and siblings" I say and she nods her head. We all sat down to breakfast, which was pancakes since it was the kids favourite.

Ava and Dylan get dressed and the twins wanted to dress themselves (their outfits were questionable but we let them) whilst me and Mads got ready.

"I'm gonna miss you" Mads says and I just hug and kiss her. "I know, me too. I'm only a phone call away and you know you can call me, no matter what time it is. I'll try to always answer" I tell he and she nods. "Chase what if I can't manage all four of them for two months" she says and sighs. "Ava and Dyl will help, I know they will. Madison is always around to help and you have Caroline. I asked them both and they said they'll take the kids off you for a few days each if you want a break" I say and she smiles. "You're amazing" she says and I just hug her back.