Nighthawks (Backstory 2)

This is the second backstory.... again LOOK AT THE PICTURE. this is for the bartender/waiter guy.

lemme know what you think  please(:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nighthawks Backstory 2

                My name is Luke Shepherd, 22 and just out of college.  I was born in July of 1911 and raised right here in Chicago, Illinois.  I lived with my parents and twin sister in a nice apartment.  My dad worked as a well-off journalist, my mom was the manager of the nearby grocery store.  My family had a good income for our time, so both me and my sister never lacked food, entertainment, or new clothes.  My sister, Marie, and I got along well enough and since we were the same age had some of the same friends.  On our 15th birthday, a day I remember well, we each got a little scruffy mutt our parents had picked out at the local pet store.  They were brother and sister, very small at the time.  Mine was Clyde and hers named Bonnie after the criminals we had recently heard about.  We thought they were good names for the pair. 

                As I grew older, I did well in school; actually, outstanding according to my parents and teachers.  I was lucky enough to make it into Harvard University for college.  My sister decided to go to a local college so she could visit home frequently and see our dogs.  I really missed Clyde, and I guess Bonnie too, after I left for college.  I did enjoy going to an out-of-state college, though, and was glad my parents had saved money to pay for it.  After growing up in one town and only traveling to a few states before, I loved exploring the New England area.  It was just something different from what I was used to, a whole different environment.  I visited home over the holidays and summer each year, and I always enjoyed being home with my family and the dogs for that time. 

                Today, on May 10, 1933 I’m finally home.  I returned home from college for good a few days ago.  I am so excited to finally be a college graduate, but also to be back in my hometown, everything like it used to be.  Within the days I’ve been back, I returned to the Phillies Café to work.  I have worked there every summer as a waiter since I was 16, though now I have a full-day shift from eleven in the morning to eleven at night.  Now, I could have taken up a well paying journalist position I was offered in New York, but I had made enough money with my side jobs during college and I wanted to be home for a little while.  Besides, nowadays anyone is lucky to have any sort of a job with all the people out of work.  At the Phillies Cafe I have really enjoyed seeing returning customers each year and chatting with the ones I knew well.  Coming back to this job makes Chicago feel even more like home than before.

                Earlier tonight I was at work.  At about 10:30, I figured I’d start closing up with only one quiet customer left with a cup of coffee.  Just as I was finishing up, two people, a man and a woman not too much older than me walked in silently.  I had never seen them here before.  When they sat down, I offered them a cup of coffee and they both gave a discreet nod.  Now, the two of them coming out for coffee together, you would think they would have at least a small conversation, but they remained silent.  After about five or so minutes of dead silence, I had to ask them how they were, where they are from and all that, just to break the ice.  It turns out they don’t live too far away, both just a few towns over.  They were friendly, but didn’t speak a word to each other, only to me.  Finally, I asked them what occasion they had brought them to the Phillies Café, not living here in town.  The woman, introduced as Margaret by her friend earlier, looked down.  The man, William Holt, gave a small, sort of sad sigh, and began his story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so?? what do you think??

and if you had any questions about this i'd be happy to answer! im not sure how clear it all it in some parts....

thankyaaXD

-CaRoLiNe-<33