Chapter ten: Romance In-Between

"I'm now your third wheel right?" Rachael snorts annoyingly as she drops her hand bag on the table and sits down roughly on the chair.

"She abandoned you again?" Rachael mocks sarcastically taking the alcoholic champagne from the table.

"Is it a crime to fall in love?" Michael asks impulsively while drinking the wine gradually, Rachael smirks.

"I will soon be busy, so you better move on and find someone that will love you" Rachael informs vividly as she drinks the wine annoyingly, Michael laughs drunkenly and faces her direction.

"I ... I love July and she will be mine" Michael staggers standing up as he explains to Rachael stuttering, Rachael shakes her head in disbelief and continues drinking the wine sadly.

"Rachael, you keep coming to me anytime I call" Michael pauses as he clings unto the counter facing Rachael.

"Do you still love me and want ...?" Michael tries to ask Rachael drunkenly but Rachael interrupts him by placing her finger on his lips immediately with a flirtatious stare.

"Ha ha ha... I know you do" Michael laughs mockingly and staggers back to his chair.

"Sorry Michael. I don't eat what I have already junked for the second time" Rachael snorts annoyingly and stands up immediately from the chair.

"Rachael!" Michael grabs her hand standing up from the chair roughly with her.

"Let go!" Rachael commands angrily.

"What if ... I also love you ..." Michael tries to explain his lustful feelings toward Rachael but she smirks mockingly cutting him off.

"Never!" Rachael informs authoritatively as she pulls her hand strongly off his hold and leaves the club, Michael laughs loudly while staggering to the counter with the aim of taking another shot of the wine, he trips and fall to the ground roughly.

"Mich" Rachael runs in anxiously.

"Ma, is everything okay?" the bartender asks politely out of curiosity and Rachael nods her head apathetically as she takes out her phone to call the cab driver.

July carries two flat plates containing delicious meals as she places them perfectly on the dining table, Damien walks over to the dining room and takes his seat without saying a word.

July smirks as she heads back to the kitchen to bring in the last dish.

"You would have called" July said politely while taking her sit on the dinning seat.

"It isn't necessary" Damien snorts as he continues eating.

"What if I wasn't in the pet clinic?" July asks sarcastically as she starts eating.

"I have your house address" Damien said vividly without taking his eyes off the meal.

"What if I ..."

"Enough of the what ifs!'" Damien commands angrily and July immediately falls silent.

Due to fear July didn't start up any conversation till they finishing having supper.

Damien walks back to the living room minutes later and sits down on the couch turning on the television; July trails along as she sits on the long couch closer to him. They steal quick glances of each other and Damien clears his throat nervously each time.

"So... why are you here?" July asks fearfully after some minutes of silence.

"Nothing"