CH 4: Best Birthday Ever

Start from the beginning

"Really? Thanks for telling me. You know I had to do... er... CHORES! Yes, about the chores," I lied again. Alix couldn't know about (y/n). I wasn't ready for anything else. Marinette and Alya knew about it already and I didn't want anybody else to know the secret.

"What chores? I thought you were doing the Science report last night?" 

Oh, gosh. I forgot about the report! Miss Mendeleiev will send me to Mr Damocles' office on my birthday! Then, I'll feel miserable about myself and I'll get akumatised and I turned into the Evillustrator again but this time I will get my revenge on both Chloe and Miss Mendeliev. But at least, (y/n) wrote a song about him. :)

"I have to do it now! Thanks again for all the wishes!" I ran to my seat at the back of the class and immediately took out a piece of paper to write down my Science report about our observation at the zoo. 

Alix, Marinette and Adrien just shrugged and got back to their seats.

"Have you done the report?" I asked Lila in panic.

"Uhm... no. You know I have this disease-"

"Yeah, yeah. Save it," I cut her words before she gave another "disease" excuse and continued to write the report all by myself.

-----

It was the art class. Since Marc wasn't around, I decided to give my brain a rest from thinking about our comic's storyline. I sat alone, far away from everyone and finished (y/n)'s drawings I've been working on since the cage incident. It was the very first drawing of her, I wanted to make it as detailed as possible.

"You're drawing (y/n) again?" 

Could Marinette just stop popping out of nowhere and scared me like that?

"Yeah, it's the only way I can express my feelings. Through arts," I answered.

"Hey, would you mind coming to Anarka's boat again this evening?" she offered.

"Is... she there?" I asked.

"Of course, she is. She stayed with Luka's family throughout her trip to Paris. She even helped Luka to deliver pizzas and send Juleka to school," Marinette explained.

"Do you think she's with Luka?" my voice was shaky when I thought about that, she seemed really close to him.

"I don't think so. She's just being nice to everyone," Marinette convinced. 

"How did they know each other in the first place?" I really wanted to know more about her.

"(y/n) was an exchanged student at Luka's school. Since then, they became friends, but when she had to return to London, they stayed as pen-pals," Marinette continued.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"She told us yesterday after you left," she said.

It's all made sense now. No wonder she was so closed with Luka. They were best friends!

"Are you still thinking that she's a villain?" I don't know why, but I was really scared when Marinette stated that.

"I'm still doubting it, but my gut said no. Perhaps, Luka knows what is she hiding. I think it was just her passion that she wanted to keep it as a secret," she said.

A wave of gratefulness just slapped my face. Marinette was right. Luka did know what was (y/n)'s real passion. Why would any villains tell anybody about their evil-doing? And she also was the one who started that topic first yesterday.

"Wait, what if I stutter again this evening and she figures it out?" I'm back with my panic crush attack.

"Just follow what I say, but do not follow what I do," Marinette used her bad advice as she said to Marc before.