𝐼𝐼𝐼. 𝑏𝑖𝑔 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠

Start from the beginning

gustavo hang up and olivia let out an exhale, before she walked over to carlos.

"hey," she greeted and he smiled as she sat down.

"hey, so who was that?" he asked, putting his arm around her again.

"oh, um, it was gustavo," she began and felt her throat her tight.

"gustavo?" he asked, "why'd he call you?"

"just for you know..." she trailed off and looked away, blinking her tears away. "stuff."

"liv," carlos said and used his finger to turn her head to him. "what's wrong? why you crying?"

"i'm not!" she exclaimed through her tears. "the pollen count is just extra high today."

"liv," carlos softly sighed. "what did gustavo tell you?"

"fine," she sniffled. "he called me about the song and asked me to break your heart so you could perform better."

carlos' face fell and he looked down, feeling sorrow.

"he did?" carlos asked her and she nodded.

"yeah," she told him. "and i told him i would do it, but i lied to him. i could never do that. i care about you too much."

carlos looked at her and she smiled at him, before softly kissing his cheek.

"no break up song is strong enough to break us apart," olivia told him and carlos grinned, feeling bashful.

"i agree," carlos softly said and olivia smiled, leaning her head on his shoulder. "but why would he do that? that's- that's so mean."

"i know," olivia sighed, taking his free hand and massaging his knuckles. "i understand wanting to feel that emotion of heartbreak for a song, but asking someone break your heart is straight up wrong."

carlos nodded, before a light bulb went off in his head.

"i have an idea," carlos smiled and olivia looked at him as he leaned in and whispered the plan to her.

olivia nodded with a smile, liking his idea.

——
~palm woods~

opal walked out to the pool and saw camille sitting in a chair, contemplating something and just looking confused.

"camille?" opal asked and camille looked up with alarm, "you okay?"

"yeah! yeah!" she laughed awkwardly as opal got closer and sat down next to her, "just, uh, thinking about stuff!"

"like what?" opal asked her.

"just- the middle east," camille said and opal nodded, not buying anything. "lots of tension there."

"cut it out," opal sighed. "what's going on?"

"fine," camille sighed and looked around, before talking. "james and i kissed."

opal was taken back, "you what?"