he scoffed; "of course someone like him smokes."

his eyes landed back on the clothes laid out for him as he scrunched his face on the choice of the outfit. "he can't tell me what to wear. he's just my bodyguard." he thought again.

he ignored the clothes hyunjin had picked and instead changed into a casual oversized black hoodie with a pair of grey sweatpants.

now he debated whether he should go up and confront hyunjin about the note he left.

fuck it.

he sprinted out of his bedroom, fixing his hair on the way down the stairs since his hair was still partially wet.

once he reached the front door to the mansion, his steps gradually decreased.

the cold night breeze swatted through the exposed skin he had, making him shiver and cross his arms in order to form a self hug to gain more warmth.

his lips started to quiver a bit as he started taking slow steps towards the gates.

once he reached, he glanced around trying to find hyunjin and where his car was parked.

as he predicted, the male was in the exact position he saw earlier. leaning against the Mercedes parked outside with additional smoke leaving into the cold breezy air everytime he breathed out.

seungmin took a few steps closer to him, not long after hyunjin whipped his head towards him.

"hey.." seungmin said. his voice still coming out in a whisper as a small cloud of fog came out with every breath he took in the frigid temperature.

hyunjin huffed his breath one last time before dropping the cigarette on the concrete floor and grinding it against the floor until it blew itself out.

"why did you want to meet me here?" seungmin asked; still curious on the males doings.

"get in and i'll explain." hyunjin suggested. he even opened the door to his car for seungmin to enter.

seungmin eyed him weirdly. "i can't. my dad says i have a curfew—"

hyunjin shushed him midway; "i know what your dad said. there's no curfew as long as your with me. besides, i'm your bodyguard anyway."

it was believable enough for seungmin as he didn't question any further and quietly stepped inside the males car.

hyunjin got in the drivers seat after him and soon left the driveway of seungmin's house.

the ride was rather silent. awkwardly silent. none of them spoke nor glanced at each other. it was basically all silent except for the radio playing to fill the awkward silence.

seungmin looked down to his lap and fiddled with his own fingers, not bothering to wherever hyunjin was taking him.

"why did you not wear the outfit i kept for you?" hyunjin asked. his eyes not taken off of the road in front.

"i didn't want to." seungmin simply replied. "your just my bodyguard. you can't tell me what to wear."

"i just thought you'd look cuter in it that's all." hyunjin sighed as the truth came out of his mouth. "it's fine though. i'm not forcing you into it."

seungmin stopped fiddling with his fingers and now fixed his gaze towards hyunjin. "i look cute in everything."

hyunjin couldn't help but let out a breathy chuckle on the males words. he couldn't even deny it

"what are you laughing about?"

"nothing. now stop talking, i have to focus on the road."

seungmin turned away from hyunjin and glanced back to his lap. it took a while for him to realize it until he figured how he had just made hyunjin unintentionally laugh.

that was the first time he'd probably said something that wasn't an insult or complain towards him.

a small blush painted across his cheeks making him weirded out on the blood rushing and the pit stirring up in his stomach.

he cleared his throat uncomfortably, sitting up straight and trying to control himself from the little sparkle that lit inside his heart.

"w-where are we going?" he asked, trying to spark up a conversation even if he was just told to shut up a second ago.

"your favorite ice cream cafè." hyunjin replied, now pulling into the parking lot of the cafè seungmin adored.

seungmin knitted his eyebrows in confusion. "why?"

"because i care."
.
.
.