3. Fictional Characters, Football Practice, & My Girl

"Remember our first game is a home game against Quinton High School and is this Friday

"Remember our first game is a home game against Quinton High School and is this Friday. Make sure to play hard, give it your all, and until Friday, don't get hurt. Alright fellas, get out of here." Coach says after our hardcore football practice today. All I know is all the guys, including me, are sweating like pigs in this California summertime heat. Grabbing some water, I start walking off the field towards the locker rooms to grab my bag.

"Hey Cole, wait up," Raven, star quarterback on our team, calls out and runs up to me.

"Hey, dude. How are you doing?" I ask as he pants.

"Other than the fact that this heat is killing me like a motherfucker, pretty well." His comment on the heat makes me chuckle.

"Yeah, this is pretty bad," I add wiping off the sweat on my forehead with the back of my hand, "So what's up?"

"Well, after the game on Friday, there's going to be a party at Jake's house. Music, food, drinks, girls. You should come. Maybe have some fun with some of the cheerleaders?"

I've never been the kind of guy to do mindless hookups. I don't think I'll ever be that guy either. However, guys like Raven and Jake, and most guys in highschool, would never turn down something like that. Actually, most athletes will use the fact that they're an athlete to get hookups. Not me. Like I told Lilianna yesterday, I have different priorities than most guys our age.

"Nah, man I'm good without the parties. And especially the girls just wanting a hookup," I comment.

"Oh is little Colson a virgin?" Raven teases.

"No, I'm not. I just don't do hookups. Like some dudes don't do girlfriends. Hookups just aren't my thing."

"Fine. You don't have to have any fun, but could you at least come? You are our captain."

"I'll think about it, Raven. But if I come I'm not doing anything," I say sternly.

"Alright, man. Catch you later," he says, running into the locker room.

I walk into the locker room and head to my locker. I put in the combination and grab my black bag. After I shut the locker door and lock it, I walk out the door of the locker rooms. Heading to my car, I spot none other than Lilianna, per usual. Wearing a navy blue T-shirt and matching hat, light washed denim jean shorts, and her long brown hair pulled into a low bun. She always comes to my practices and games. I suddenly spot a red slurpee in her hand.

"I thought you could use something to cool down. This heat is pretty mean," she says with a smile and hands me the slurpee.

"Thanks Lily," I say after taking a sip of the icy, cool, treat in my hand.

"Do you want a sip?" I offer to her realizing she doesn't have a slurpee.

"I got one for myself. I ate it on the way here."