16 │a devils jealousy

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

A DEVILS JEALOUSY

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘶𝘩"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚

━𝐆𝐚𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐢𝐫, Raina sat upright unconsciously placing her right hand on her chest.

"You alright?" Kaz's voice broke her thoughts as she slightly lifted her head welcoming his usual brooding face although the worried tone in his voice gave him away.

"Just an unpleasant dream" she breathed out as she awkwardly turned her head away, realizing how close his face was to hers.

Clearing his throat, Kaz simply nodded his head, his stare burning holes at the back of Raina's head.

"We're here" Jesper called out as he stopped the carriage, hopping down, picking Raina's bag with Inej following him.

Raina kept her gaze towards a delighted Cooper who munched on some treats Raina had packed in her bag beforehand.

"He looked hungry," Kaz said, following Raina's stare. "So I gave him a couple of treats I could find in your bag."

Dumbfounded, Raina turned to Kaz raising her eyebrow up, "Thought you didn't like dogs,"

Ears tinted pink, it was now time for Kaz to avoid Raina's stare as he shrugged unbothered, "We may have bonded while you were asleep."

Letting out a hearty chuckle, Raina teasingly smirked, "Are you sure you're the Kaz Brekker who said no to Cooper joining us, now suddenly best friends with him."

Gently elbowing Raina who couldn't help but snigger, Kaz pulled his lips in a straight line, grumbling, "Shove off."

"Oi, if you lovebirds are done in there, Inej and I have been waiting for you" Jesper's humorous voice called out as he banged the carriage's door.

"Fuck off Jesper," Kaz said as he opened the door to find a grinning Inej and Jesper. Raina stayed in her position, recalling Jesper's words. Lovebirds??? She and Kaz? Them? No way.