15 │best friends heartbreak

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

BEST FRIENDS HEARTBREAK

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚

━𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐘𝐀,

People tend to say that writing a letter can be the best way to express what you're feeling.

If I'm being honest, I don't really see it.

Genya let out a chuckle despite the tears brimming her eyes, holding onto the letter tightly as she sat on the edge of Raina's bed.

You probably would have heard the news about me running off somewhere by now. Don't worry, I'm safe.

How could I not be, I'm Raina Hart.

Rolling her eyes fondly, Genya tried to suppress her smile.

Don't roll your eyes at me, I see you.

Shaking her head, Genya let out a breathy chuckle.

I don't know where I'm going or what I am going to do but what I do know is that I will find my way to you again.

It may not be now, tomorrow, or in a few months. You might start growing grey hair (oh who am I kidding, you won't allow yourself to grow old and ugly).

Momentarily letting her eyes stray away from the letter, Genya glanced towards the bedside table which held a photo of Raina grinning widely down at baby Cooper resting on her arms.

"Saints. I'm supposed to be mad at you, stop making me laugh." Genya spoke to herself.

No, I'm not traveling alone. I found some friends to keep me company. Cooper is with me as well, I couldn't possibly leave him there.

Wow, this is hard, although trust me, it would have been harder if I was actually there. I don't think I would have left you.

You've always been there for me, whether it was to sneak around the palace, steal food from the kitchens, or whether I wanted to talk about how stupid the General is.

Genya couldn't help but let out a laugh at the last sentence.

You have been by my side when no one else would, through the good and bad.

Neither one of us knew this day was coming. I took you by total surprise, so I understand if you start cursing me and my brainless head.

You're my person.

And I'm not letting you go. I love you Gen. Don't worry, this is not a goodbye.

It's just a 'see you soon'.

Finally letting the tears drop, Genya held a hand to her mouth, trying to silence her sobs. Meanwhile, miles away, a dark-brown-haired beauty was awoken from her peaceful slumber, heart heavy.

Tears are how our heart speaks when our lips cannot describe how much we've been hurt.

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞!

damn writing this was harder than i thought

protect baby genya at all costs:(

let me know your thoughts

xoxo NS