Elle giggled before turning around to see Cedric holding her close.

"May I have this dance?" Cedric grinned out as she nodded, putting one hand in his and resting the other on his shoulder as they began to slowly move around the room, slowly becoming entranced with each other as if there was no one else there but them.

"Are you having fun?" Cedric hummed out as she nodded, "My feet kill but besides that, it's fun."

"I'm glad."

Cedric and Elle continued to dance closely before they spent the next two hours dancing fast around with their friends, giggles and chit chat could be heard from all of them.

Almost three hours later, Elle and Cedric sat at their table with Dylan, Ian, and Gigi, taking a small break after dancing the night away. Cedric poured both him and Elle a drink that they both quickly drank before Fred stumbled over to the table.

"Elle! There you are!" Fred drunkenly said as Elle sent him an eye-roll.

"Are you drunk, Fred?"

"Perhaps, perhaps. I can't lie to you Elle, I've been drinking for a few hours, snuck in my flask." Fred grinned, pulling his flask out of his suit pocket to show her.

"You seem like you are having a spectacular time then." Gigi laughed at him as Fred nodded.

"Yeah, yeah, I am. I actually came over here to ask you if you wanted to dance Elle?" Fred asked as Elle's eyes went wide as she made eye contact with Cedric.

"What?" Elle spluttered out.

"Come on man, leave it alone." Cedric sighed, so sick of Fred constantly intertwining in his relationship with Elle.

"Mind your own Diggory." Fred dismissed him, as Cedric stood to face Fred, causing Fred to slightly shove Cedric.

When everyone saw Fred shove Cedric, the four people at the table stood, knowing this would end badly.

"Come on Fred, stop this." Elle sighed, standing in between the two boys as they had an intense stare-off.

"I'm not going to fight you Fred, but I think you should listen to Elle and stop." Cedric said, his jaw slightly clenching.

"So I suggest you don't place your hands on my buddy again." Dylan said, stepping up beside Cedric.

"Dylan, shut up for once in your life and mind your business, huh?" Fred mumbled out as Dylan raised his eyebrows.

"Oh Fred, the things I would love to say to you about how much I dislike you, and how I think you are a major prick, and how everyone that knows you, knows that you aren't able to keep it in your pants, even when you have a great girlfriend like Elle, says enough about you." Dylan spat out as Fred sent him a glare.

"Dylan, don't I have some things to say to you too-" Fred started.

"Which you won't, goodbye Fred. Come on." Elle sighed out, grabbing Cedrics hand and Dylan's elbow as she pulled them away from the group, Ian standing to follow after them to make sure they were okay.

Fred let out a loud sigh as he flopped into the chair beside Gigi, her turning to look at him.

"You know Fred, sometimes you can be such a dick."

"I don't want to hear anything about how I deal with Elle from someone who is in love with my girlfriend." Fred said, turning to look at her as her eyes went wide.

"What?"

"Yeah. I heard you and Lee." Fred nodded.

"You can't tell anyone." Gigi spluttered out as Fred stood, backing away from her with a smirk on his face.

"She's not your girlfriend Fred." Gigi recalled as he shrugged.

"Nor is she yours, or will she ever be." Fred reminded with a slight wink before disappearing into the crowd.

Elle didn't feel much like partying after that, she and the three Hufflepuff boys deciding to call it a night as they walked towards the stairs as they saw Hermione crying to herself on the steps.

"Give me a minute, okay?" Elle asked as the three boys nodded, letting her walk towards the young girl in tears.

"Hermione, are you okay?" Elle softly said, taking a seat beside her as Hermione let out another strangled sob.

"Boys are stupid." Hermione said as Elle slightly nodded with a laugh.

"You can say that again, but boys will suck, again and again, but sometimes they don't, and when they don't, it can be really great." Elle comforted, comfortingly rubbing her back.

"Especially Weasley boys." Hermione added on as Elle nodded.

"I agree, but what did Ron do?" Elle asked.

"He got mad at me for going to the dance with Viktor, even though he couldn't pluck up the courage to ask me until I was his last choice." Hermione cried out.

"Sometimes guys can take a while to see how they messed up, and sometimes they can make the wrong choices but Ron does care about you Hermione, he might just not know how to express his feelings yet. Try to talk to him, okay?" Elle said as Hermione sniffled, giving her a quick hug before going up the stairs.

Elle stood to walk back over to Cedric who stood alone.

"Where did the other two go?" Elle asked.

"Up to the common room."

"You could have gone too, you didn't have to wait." Elle said as he shrugged.

"I wanted to wait, and I didnt want to interrupt you and Hermione, she seemed like she needed you." Cedric smiled at her, wrapping an arm around her waist as they began to walk together.

"How sweet of you."

"Shall I walk you up to the Gryffindor common room?" Cedric asked her as she shook her head.

"I don't really fancy hanging out in there right now." Elle sighed out.

"Understandable, come to Hufflepuff then?" Cedric suggested, going to offer her his hand which she gratefully took, letting him pull her towards the Hufflepuff common room and into his room.

"Here, I'll give you some sweats to wear." Cedric said, passing her a big t-shirt and sweat shorts as she went into his bathroom to change, coming back into the room to see that he had changed as well.

"I set up the TV-" Cedric started as he laid in the bed.

"Breakfast club?" Elle excitedly asked, flopping into bed next to him.

"Of course." Cedric grinned as the two watched the movie, chatting quietly throughout it until it was late in the night, and Cedric turned to look at her.

"What?" She hummed out once she saw him staring.

"Elle, I think I'm falling in love with you." Cedric confessed as Elle's eyes widened.

"Cedric-" Elle started before Cedric cut her off by leaning in to press his lips on hers before she withdrew from the kiss.

"Oh god, I shouldn't have done that-" Cedric panicked as she gave him a small smile.

"Ced, Ced, stop, it's okay, I just... Fred and I only broke up not that long ago and I'm not over it. It wouldn't be fair to kiss you-"

"-when you're still not over Fred, I got it." Cedric nodded.

"Thank you for being understanding while I try to get over the breakup." Elle sadly sighed at her.

"I told you I would wait for however long I needed to." Cedric told her as she leaned in, planting a soft kiss on his cheek with a smile before whispering, "Should we watch Dirty Dancing next?"