"You just described Fred..." Lee trailed off as Elle looked up to make eye contact with a smug-looking Fred before she turned to look at Cedric who stormed off, Elle quickly following him out as she felt bad.

"Cedric, Cedric wait!" Elle yelled, running down the hall to catch up with him. Cedric didn't stop as he briskly walked down the hall, and Elle only got him to look at him when she grabbed his elbow to make him face her.

"What Elle?" Cedric quietly asked, the hurt evident on his face.

"I, uh, understand how that could have been taken the wrong way but-" Elle started.

"Elle, come on, you don't like me like I like you and that's fine, it just hurts. Do you want to know what I smelt? I smelt your daisy perfume, your citrus hair wash, and even the smell of Sirius's damn grilled cheeses, which is linked to you as well. I can't even think of a grilled cheese without thinking of you." Cedric huffed out, running his hands through his hair.

"Fred and I just broke up... and I am trying to get over him, I really am, or else I wouldn't have agreed to go with you to the ball but I need you to be patient because I do like you..."

"I know, I'm sorry... it's just hard." Cedric sighed as Elle nodded, stepping forward to wrap her arms around him as he rested his arms on her shoulders.

"It's hard for both of us, trust me." Elle sighed, "Why does everything have to be complicated?"

"Well if it makes you feel better, you are the least complicated thing in my life."

//

The night of the Yule ball was already here, and Elle had spent hours getting her look perfectly together before going to meet Cedric down by the Great Hall entrance, knowing that the four participants in the tournament had to start off with a huge dance number before anyone else did, and even though she felt nervous, she felt confident due to how well she knew she looked.

"Elle, you look stunning." Cedric grinned at her, bringing her in for a huge hug as she checked him out as well.

"So do you Ced, you look great... I love the pink tie." Elle giggled out as Dylan walked over with Ian and Gigi behind him.

"Well don't you two look cute." Dylan smiled at the couple as Cedric sent him a slight eye roll.

"You boys clean up nice..." Elle smiled at Dylan and Ian, ignoring Dylan's comment before turning to look at Gigi, "Gi, you look so hot! I love the purple on you."

"Thanks babe, you too." Gigi grinned before Professor McGonagall walked over to the group.

"Mr.Diggory, are you and your date ready?" McGonagall asked as Cedric nodded.

"Yes Professor, me and Cedric are ready." Dylan teased, throwing an arm around Cedric as the group let out a laugh watching Cedric shove him away.

"Stop trying to steal my date, Dylan." Elle laughed, pulled Cedric towards her by his suit jacket.

"Hm, yes, humorous, let's go you two." McGonagall said, ushering Cedric and Elle to follow her.

Elle and Cedric were soon swept into the great hall, beginning to do the dance as all the other Triwizard champions danced around them, Elle letting out a small squeal when Cedric lifted her, causing him to let out a small laugh, and before they knew it, everyone was dancing.

Elle spent most of her time dancing with Cedric and the Hufflepuff boys, as Luke, Olivia, Jackson, and George danced between Elles group and Fred, who was dancing with Lee and a few of his other friends.

Elle giggled around during one of the fast-paced songs as Dylan and Ian took turns twirling her around before the music changed into a slower pace and she felt arms snake around her waist, pulling her gently into her chest.