Bloodbath

when Beomgyu awoke the next morning, he was surprisingly cold. his eyes shot open and he began to feel around him for someone specific. Taehyun. he looked around himself only to realise that he was alone.. Taehyun had gone to the cornucopia.

Beomgyu immediately jumped up and grabbed his bow before running towards the entrance of the small cave and leaving it. he then sped through the forest as fast as he could. before he could make it through the forest, a loud boom echoed, signalling a death.

Beomgyu closed his eyes in hope before looking up at the projection.

Hwang Hyunjin.

although he was still scared, his nerves lessened a little when he saw Taehyun wasn't the tribute who died. his legs continued to carry him towards the cornucopia and he stopped right at the edge of the forest. his eyes scanned all throughout the field and around the cornucopia.

he then saw a figure running towards the large cone shaped building. district ten Lee Chaeyeon. she was the last remaining female in the games. Beomgyu watched as the girl ran across the field.. only for her to step on a land mine...

boom

Beomgyu could only watch in fear as the girls, now dead, body flew in the air after being blown into pieces. a tear threatened to leave his eye but he knew he had to stay calm. being afraid in a moment like this was possibly the worst that could happen.

the brunette looked at all of the bags in the middle and read the numbers on each. one, five, ten, and twelve. Chaeyeon was only a few feet away from her bag when she met her demise. Beomgyu was then snapped out of his thoughts when another figure showed up, running through the field.

his heart then dropped when he realised who it was. it was Taehyun. Beomgyu was about to run out after the younger when a laugh was heard behind him. he immediately turned around in shock and almost stumbled backwards when he saw Choi Yeonjun behind him.

Beomgyu was sure this was the moment he was going to die. "scared, are we? looks like lover boy is about to run back to that little cave with your bag, only to find you gone. what do you think he'll feel when he comes back here and sees your dead body displayed right in front of me?".

insane. that was the only word Beomgyu could think of to describe Yeonjun in that moment. Beomgyu quickly turned around and started running towards the cornucopia, Yeonjun following after him. "Taehyun!". the blonde had just made it to the center when he heard his name being called.

he turned to the direction of the voice and watched in horror as Beomgyu came speeding towards him with tears streaming down his face. he then saw Yeonjun running from behind Beomgyu with a crazy smile on his face. Yeonjun also held a spear which he was slowly aiming at the brunette.

Taehyun took this time to quickly grab both his bag and Beomgyu's before also grabbing the olders wrist as he came closer. he then began running as fast as he could in the opposite direction of Yeonjun, the district one male throwing knives in their direction as they ran. the two boys continued running until they were sure Yeonjun wasn't following them anymore.

Beomgyu was about to bend down and catch his breath until he heard a loud cough next to him. his head shot up and he watched as Taehyun stumbled to the floor. "Tae? hey wait!". he fell onto the floor to catch the younger and it was at that moment he saw the knife sticking out of the blondes back.

a sob escaped his lips as he held Taehyun in his arms. "Beomgyu..". "no, you're not going to leave me, okay? you promised we would win together!". Beomgyu continued to cry and a single tear left Taehyun's eye. "i'm sorry.."

Beomgyu frowned more, if it was even possible. "why are you sorry?". an airy laugh left Taehyun's lips as the life slowly drained from him. "because i know you wanted to go first". those words caused Beomgyu to cry even more as he watched Taehyun's eyes blink slowly.

"don't cry, i'm not sad. i'll finally be a star". Beomgyu let out a sad laugh as another tear fell. "yeah, that's right. you'll be the brightest star in the sky". the two fell into a silence and Beomgyu ran his fingers through Taehyun's hair for what would most likely be the last time.

"promise me something, Tae". "hm?". "that you'll wait for me up there. i'll come soon, don't worry". Beomgyu shakily lowered himself down to Taehyun's face and left a soft kiss on the youngers lips. tears falling all throughout the moment.

he then pulled back from the short kiss and watched in sadness as Taehyun's eyes slowly closed, this time not opening again.

boom

Kang Taehyun, District Five

Taehyun was gone, and now in a way, so was Beomgyu.

the brunette sat and cried over the younger males body for another few minutes before realising him and Yeonjun were the only two tributes left..

he quickly looked over at the two bags Taehyun had dropped when he fell and decided to look through them. there were bandages, medicines and two flasks of water in the bags. tears were still uncontrollably streaming down Beomgyu's face as he tried to heal the cut on his leg.

he then looked over at Taehyun one last time before wiping the youngers cold cheek with his hand. "i will win, i promise". he placed a soft peck on his forehead before slowly standing up and looking out towards the direction they ran from.

he was going to win, even if that meant killing Yeonjun with no mercy

———

oh my... i bet you wasn't expecting that..
but don't worry!! something really important to the story is coming soon and it will change things for the better! :D