Fear

the first night was somewhat uneventful. Beomgyu managed to get a few hours of sleep in a tall tree before finally getting woken up by a loud scream. the scream sounded near so he tried to stay as close to the tree as possible, not wanting to be seen by anyone.

not even seconds later, someone was running below him at the speed of light. he didn't see who it was but he did see a male running after them. for the split second he saw the males face, he recognised it to be district ones Choi Yeonjun. that tribute was the one Beomgyu was most afraid of.

Yeonjun got the highest score in all of their evaluations and always had a confident smirk on his face. Beomgyu knew that if he was going to die to anyone, it would most likely be the district one male. once he knew that the older was long gone, Beomgyu quietly jumped down from the tree in search for water.

he could hear water flowing from where he was, so he knew he was near. his only problem was that all he had was a throwing knife to protect himself with, and the backpack he had picked up the day prior didn't contain anything extremely useful.

he made his way through trees and bushes and finally stopped when he saw a large lake. on one side of the lake was a tall waterfall. he quickly took the flask out of the backpack and filled it with as much water as he could. before he could turn back and leave, he heard a stick snapping behind him.

his heart dropped and he immediately held the throwing knife out in front of him as he turned around. Beomgyu never knew he would feel so relieved in his life once he saw Yeji standing in front of him. the girl gasped when she realised it was Beomgyu and stepped out from behind the tree cautiously.

Beomgyu could feel his eyes tearing up but he had to stay strong. Yeji was quick to step forward and envelope the boy into a tight hug. "you don't understand how happy i am to see you right now". the girl spoke in a breathy tone. Beomgyu would say the same but he was at a loss for words.

they pulled away from the hug and huddled behind a bush for safety. before they could say anything else to each other, a loud boom echoed through the arena. another death..

the two looked up towards the projection and watched as two more names were displayed.

lee heeseung and jang wonyoung.. both from the same district..

Beomgyu looked over at Yeji and the girl seemed to be crying. "what's wrong?". she quickly shook her head and wiped the tear that fell. "it's just- i was with them both before i ran into you- that could have been me". they fell back into a silence but Beomgyu soon broke it by standing up.

"we need to find somewhere safer. a lot of people are going to want fresh water and here seems to be the only place to get that". Yeji nodded before standing up and following Beomgyu. they both walked for what seemed like ages until a noise was heard behind them.

that noise being a laugh. they then turned around to see the two district four tributes, Jeon Jungkook and Ha Sooyoung, with smiles on their faces. "look! seems like we've found two more! first those district three bitches and now, wow.. district twelve".

Beomgyu and Yeji held their weapons tightly and held them up in front of them. the male, Jungkook, then laughed again. "you think you can beat us? really? did you not see the board just now? we killed those two! even though they did put up a fight.. you seem easier though".

not even a second later, the two ran towards Beomgyu and Yeji. the four broke out into a fight. Beomgyu quickly managed to toss Jungkooks weapon to the side and the older seemed shocked by it. the fight lasted a few minutes until Beomgyu somehow managed to push Jungkook off of him.

what Beomgyu didn't know, was that the tree he pushed the older male into, had a branch sticking out of it. the said branch stabbed Jungkook through the chest, killing him on the spot. Beomgyu gasped and froze in his place as he saw blood drip everywhere. he had killed someone.

"Beomgyu look out!". he was taken out of his thoughts when Yeji shouted over at him. he looked towards the girl and an arrow was flying towards his head. he quickly managed to duck out of the way and run towards Yeji who was being pinned down by Sooyoung.

right as he got close, Yeji was strong enough to push the older female off of her. Yeji then grabbed Beomgyu's throwing knife, which he had dropped long before, and threw it at Sooyoung's chest.. impaling her. Beomgyu was about to sigh out of relief until he heard Yeji start coughing.

he looked over at her with worry and saw her falling to the floor and holding her chest. Beomgyu fell to the floor to grab her and thats when he noticed a stab wound right below Yeji's neck. the girl was crying and coughing while holding her neck.

Beomgyu saw her eyes slowly closing so he began to panic. "hey! Yeji! look at me! hey! keep your eyes open for me!". Yeji's breathing began slowing down and Beomgyu didn't know what to do. he kept putting pressure on the wound and continued talking to the girl to keep her alive.

but it didn't work..

Yeji's eyes soon closed and the girls body gave up on her. Beomgyu leaned closer to see if he could hear her breathing but.. nothing.. tears began falling down his face and he looked down at Yeji's body with heartache. he then looked up and around him only to realise.. he was the only survivor of the fight.

Jungkook was impaled by the tree branch, Sooyoung had a knife in her chest, and Yeji had blood spilling from her neck. Beomgyu knew he would be traumatised from this point onwards..

once again, as it does for every death, three loud booms were heard throughout the arena.

Jeon Jungkook..
Ha Sooyoung..
and Hwang Yeji..

Beomgyu stayed on the floor next to Yeji's body and cried before realising something. Sooyoung had a bow on her. he knew this was his chance to finally get the weapon he needed so he jumped up and ran over to the girls dead body. he saw the silver bow laid out on the floor next to her along with a set of arrows.

it was going to be hard.. but Beomgyu knew he had to leave the area and continue to survive on his own..