Chapter 4: Sleep ♥

I passed out eventually. I woke up two hours after because I had to get ready but hey, its something and its great to just have something.
I sit up, can't wait for Updike to pick me up I guess. I got off my bed walking to my closet, grabbing a white shirt with {favorite logo}, a grey jacket and {favorite color} sweat pants. I walked out of my room, I went to the bathroom to do my hair.
I did a simple pony tail and went of, I made a quick coffee and toast. I took my time to drink my coffee and to eat my toast.
When I finished I scrolled down in Instagram seeing all the posts and blogs people made. After what felt like seconds there was a knock on the door.
I got up quickly, and opened the door, to reveal Updike. "Hello Updike."
"Hello Miss {last name}, ready to go to work?"
"Yup!"
"I thought you would be." He smiles, we went to his car, for all the money he possibly had he got a classic kind of an white car. It was still nice though, he hopped in the drivers seat and I sat down in the front passenger seat.
I felt like I was going to fall asleep, but I couldn't, not now! It felt like hours and we are nowhere near the building. I rubbed my eyes while being tired.

"We are here." Updike smiled as he gets out of the driver seat and opens the passenger door for me, I smiled back.
"Thank you Updike." I respond smiling back. We walk into the office, going up to the top of the building. He looked deep into my eyes, I noticed that he was blushing heavily. "Are you ok sir?" I ask, I hope he isn't sick. Instead he lifted me up on a rail, still blushing like crazy, I started blushing heavily. "W-what are you d-doing!!" I  squeaked, he lightly pushed his lips on mine, I slowly melt in the kiss.
After a bit we broke from the kiss, I looked at him while he smiles at me, he places his hand on my cheek gently. He slowly pulled in another kiss, then pulling his hand-

I woke up, damn that was a dream? I really need to tame my imagination. "Ah your finally awake." A voice said, I looked up to see Updike, I blushed lightly.
"How long was I out?" I ask, noticing that Updike even took off his white jacket and place it on me.
"Almost the entire day."
"W-what?"
"I went ahead and brought you to my house for you to sleep."
"So technically you kidnapped me?"
"If you want to think about it like that."
"Ok then being kidnapped is cool."
"Also, am not letting you go home."
"H-huh..?!"
"Well I feel like you haven't gotten any sleep, so I just want to know if you have or have not been getting right amount of sleep."
"O-ok.."
"Wait what about w-work?!"
"Today is Friday."
"Oh.."
I messed with my hands, it became quite. It was making me a bit anxious. I looked at him, he was reading a book, called Caroline. I remember that movie, and book, I loved it when I was a kid, watched it while I was crying.
"Any reason why you haven't been getting sleep?" Updike asked, breaking the silence.
I bit my lip, should I tell him? He gave a sigh, walking over here. He sat down next to me, I blushed.
"You can tell me anything Y/N." He smiles gently, yet it was so bright like the stars in the night sky. I breathed in, better as well tell him then hold it in just for it to snap open.
"I.. I been nervous, anxious, and.. Just scared. And I have been getting nightmares.. So many nightmares.." I frowned looking away at the gentle person.
Then.. He hugged me, my eyes widened, I haven't been hug for so long from someone that wasn't Steven. A tear formed in my eye, I really, really didn't want to cry right now, but I couldn't stop the tears starting to drip down my face.
"Let it out, it will be ok.." He whispered to me rubbing my back gently. I held on to his shirt tightly as if it was the end of time. I sobbed into his shirt, but he didn't care if I was getting him wet. He cared about me, even outside of work which is weird to find sometimes.
After a bit I calmed down, Updike stopped hugging me, wiping the tears off of my face. We looked deep into each other eyes. "Come on you should get some sleep." He said turning his head to the left, most likely to hide if he was blushing.
"O..ok." I respond getting up, then tripping.
"Woah!" Updike stopped me from hitting the floor, he was blushing. Then, he just decided to pick me up, I blushed heavily at this sudden event. "Hey put me down!!" I said attempting to leave his grasp, damn he could hold tight though.
"No you are clearly still tired." He responds, walking up stairs. I sigh, no is a no is what my parents always said. After maybe a minute we were in a bedroom, maybe his maybe its one of the multiple he may have, I have no idea.
He placed me down gently as if I was a baby, and got the blanket over me. Which made me really feel like a small child. He smiled and sat down on the other side of the bed.
I went ahead and closed my eyes, drifting off to my dreams, bad or good ones, sometimes neither.

Updike's POV

I peeked over at Y/N to see if she was sleeping, which she was. I chuckled, she fell asleep without a fight, well I guess she isn't a baby but still.
I turned off the lamp and placed the book I was reading down on the nightstand. I got under the covers, attempting to sleep, five minutes later I failed miserably. I messed with Y/N's hair, it had a wonderful texture. Then I started to get curious. I got closer to her body until I was touching hers, then I kissed her neck. She turned, I hope to god it didn't wake her up. I moved back were I was sitting at.
Thankfully she didn't wake up, I got closer once again, and cuddled her. I always had a large stuff animal to hug while going to bed, since I never really had real friends or anybody going to say hi to me. I could never sleep without it.
I closed my eyes, hoping I could fall asleep. Soon enough I started to drift away into a dream.

       •---------------•
😴.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•😴
     |Timeskip|•
😴.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•😴
       •---------------•

Y/N POV

I woke up from a nightmare, I looked at an alarm clock saying it was 11:24. Tears dropped from my face when I started processing what happened in my nightmare. I sniffled trying not to have a runny nose. After a bit of quite sobbing I felt like someone squeezed me. "What happened?" A familiar British accent voice, yet sleepy, mumble, who was Updike. I didn't answer, not wanting to talk about it.
"I said what happened." Updike mumbled again but louder, I sniffled.
"Just a nightmare.." I respond, he hugged me tighter, most likely to make me feel better.
"Go back to sleep, its 11:47.." He whispered, most likely already asleep. I smiled then started to fall asleep again.

I woke up to my face practically touching Updike's, I blushed heavily. He had his arms wrapped around me tight, not wanting to let go, like if he was holding onto me for his life. After some minutes of attempting to escape the cloud looking man I gave up. He was giving a fight for me to stay. I became to wonder, should I kiss him? I started thinking about this for a while, then I decided.... Hell yes, of course I would, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity! I kissed him gently, I loved how soft his lips were, it was as soft as a kids think how clouds felt like, after a few seconds I pulled away.
"Why did you stop..?" I blushed heavily, he was awake..?
"Your awake?!"
"Yeah, but tired."
"Am so sorry I-I don't know what came-"
"Its fine."
"W-what...?"
"Its fine, I enjoyed it, you have the permission to do it again Y/N." He smiled slightly, I blushed heavily, so he is interested in me, nice to know that I guess.
I gulped, leaning in slowly for another kiss, eventually our lips met, I felt myself melt into the kiss, it was a kind of a kiss you might never get in life. I loved it, I never ever wanted it to end, but like always everything had to end eventually.
After what seemed like hours we pulled away from the kiss, blushing heavily I cuddled into him. "So does that mean we're.. You know, dating?" I ask, till having my face in his chest.
He hums in response, "Only if you want to though." He added, I smiled while blushing.
"Nice to know am not single." I sang, Updike chuckled to what I said.
I cuddled with Updike for a few more moments before I heard a small yawn. I looked up at Updike's face to see he fell asleep. I smiled, I then closed my eyes.

That was a dream? It felt..
So real.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I wished it was real.

Changed spelling of Updike's name