Chapter Three: Tears ♥

I sniffle, attempting to calm down. I took a deep breath in, and out. After a while I calmed down where I was finally able to go back to sleep.

       •---------------•
💧.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•💧
     •|Timeskip|
💧.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•💧
       •---------------

Beep beep beep.

I slammed my hand on my alarm clocking causing it to stop. I made a grunt noise while getting up, "Damn that nightmare f_cked me up.." I said while going to the closet, and in progress of rubbing my eyes.
I put on a {white (or) grey (or) black} that had a {grey (or) black (or) white} cloud in the corner of it. Then some {color matching} pants.
It was simple enough for me and was decent. I looked in the mirror and smiled, I got on my {glasses (or) contacts (or) nothing}, and evacuated my room, into the kitchen.
I made myself cereal and ate it quickly, since I want to buy a coffee at Moonbucks but still being early to work.
When I finished my coffee I dashed into my car, with the keys, and started driving to Moonbucks.
After what seemed seconds, I was at the coffee shop called Moonbucks, one of the best coffee shops around, and my personal favorite.
"Hi what would you like to order?" The cashier asked me smiling.
"I would like a Cherry Bomb please!" I answered smiling back. They nodded and then yelled, "I need a Cherry Bomb, and be fast about it this time!"
"We will try!" The people who make it answered back, I chuckled a bit.
"Also your number 11, please remember it!"
I hummed in response walking off to take a seat. I felt board, I wished I brought my phone with me to be honest. After like a minute I saw a cloud headed man in the coffee shop. Then I realized something..
It was Updike.
Oh dear lord please don't notice me please don't notice me..
After he ordered he noticed me, he walked towards me, now isn't this coffee-tastic.
"Hello Y/N, may I sit here?" He asked, his voice was soothing like always. I nod in a response, he smiled then sits down on the seat in front of me.
"How are you?" He asks, trying to stir up a conversation.
"Great!" I lied with a positive voice I would of have if I really was great. "You?" I added trying to continue this conversation.
"Decent." He answered.
It was silent for a moment, so I decided to say something.
"What did you order?" I questioned, quite curious to see this most likely rich person in Moonbucks.
"Oh, I ordered a Rainsle." He answered smiling, I never heard of that coffee.
"I never heard of it, what does it look like?" I asked, gaining curiosity in this coffee I never heard of.
"Oh umm, let me show you a image of one."
I nodded in response, he took out his phone from his pocket and started typing, a bit after he showed me what it looked like.

"I nodded in response, he took out his phone from his pocket and started typing, a bit after he showed me what it looked like

"It looks good!"
"Yup, and your not wrong." I chuckled slightly at his response.
I felt like all my stress has been released, taken off my back. I kind of wish this moment could last forever.
After some time I got mine. I focused on how it looked.. It was pink to red liquid with whip cream and a cherry at the top.
"Looks good." Updike said smiling, I smiled back while taking a sip.
We were talking for a bit, waiting for Updike's to be ready, then he seemed to notice something.
"Did you not get enough sleep?" He asked, A bit of worry in his voice. I was surprised he noticed them just now.
"Erm yeah I didn't."
"How come?"
"I..I um... I had a nightmare."
"Am deeply sorry about that."
"Its not your fault."
"I know, its just a habit I have."
I nodded in response while in progress of drinking my coffee. Seconds, or you could say minutes of talking and laughing a bit Updike got his coffee.
"Better see you at work when I get there." He told me as he was getting up, to be honest I forgot I had work, I nodded and stand up and walked out the restaurant. I got in my car and saw Updyke driving off already, I sighed.
I started to drive to work with thoughts swarming my head.
'What if you don't make it'
'He would fire you if you where a bit late.'
It went on and on until I got to the building, I gulped to fear of my thoughts being true. I walked in to see Updike waiting for the elevator to open, I gave a sigh in relief.
"Hello sir." I said smiling, he turned around and smiled back.
"Good to see you before I got in my office." He responds, the elevator opened and we both walked inside. He pressed the button and it jerked, and started going up.
It was a long silence, made me feel a even more stressed.
"What's wrong?" Updike asked, noticing that I looked stressed.
"Just a bit stressed.." I answered to him, he nods.
"About what?"
I didn't respond.
"If its about work don't worry, I try to make people who just became my personal assistant become comfortable with the job before making them do anything else that's heavy." He told me, he is quite a good guesser, but that's not where all the stress is coming from.
I just nodded, trying to feel less stress. It jerked and stopped, the elevator opened and we stepped out, Updike went to his office and grabbed something that looked like keys.
"Here, keys to get in the building just if your earlier then me." He said as he hands me them I nodded, putting them in my pocket.
"Also can you bring this to Josh? He's on floor -1." He said holding some papers, I nod smiling. He smiled back handing them to me.
I went to the elevator, pressed the down button and waited for a few seconds. Then it opened, I clicked -1 and it closed, then jerked.
I never went on this floor before, so am quite curious of what it looks like. Some people say whoever goes to -1 was never seen again, I really hope its not true. It jerked, then opened, I gulped.
I walked out, looking for someone to ask if they know where Josh is. After some seconds of looking I found someone. I walked towards them.
"Hello, am looking for someone named Josh, Updike requested me to bring these papers am holding to him." I asked to the man, he turned around and smiled.
"Your looking at the person you need." He said, then chuckling. I giggled a little.
"Well here you go!" I smiled, handing the papers to him, he nods and smile.
"Thanks Mrs.... Erm.."
"Am Y/N, you can call me by {nickname}."
"Oh, well thanks Mrs. {Last name}."
"No problem, have a good day!"
"You too."
We walked our separate ways, I waited for the elevator to open, it slowly opened. I walked in, pressed the top floor and waited. It jerked then lifted up.
Josh seemed quite nice, he was friendly and a tad funny. I would to be honest like to learn a bit more about him.
The elevator jerked, then opened.
"Am back Updike."
"Welcome back." He responds not looking away from what he was doing.
I walked towards were I usually stand and was waiting for my next task.
"Oh hey Y/N, take this, you know just in case I need you to come back from work if I send you off for a break or a task.." Updike said while handing it towards the direction I was standing.
"Yes sir." I responded, walking towards him, he avoided eye contact, which made me a bit confused. I grabbed the paper, and noticed he was blushing a bit. Is he interested in me..? Nononono, that can't be, maybe he was blushing about something else.
I walked back to standing place with the number in my pocket.

       •---------------•
💧.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•💧
     •|Timeskip|
💧.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•💧
       •---------------

It was time to go home, as I was about to walk to my car Updike grabbed my hand, "Wait!" I turned confused, and a bit flustered at him holding my wrist, he quickly let go of my wrist blushing. "How would you like if I drive you to work tomorrow..?" He mumbled, I barley understood what he was saying but I brought the pieces together to understand what he has just said.
"Sure." I smiled, he smiled back.
"Pick you up at.. Lets say 7:45, sounds good?" He responds, I smiled and nodded. "See you tomorrow then." He smiled, I nods, walking to my car, I felt my face burning up.
Maybe he is interested in me? It's now is a possibility, and I..I kind of like it being a possibility..
I started driving home, still thinking about what just happened, I even still was blushing.
I returned home and flopped on the couch.
'What if he doesn't and he is just trying to be kind'
'What if you kissed him and he fired you?'
'You should of said no.'
I felt some tears roll down my face. Maybe.. Maybe his is trying to be kind, and doesn't mean it as interested in me. Maybe he would fire me if I ever kiss him. I felt tears, a waterfall of tears escaping my eyes.
Why did I feel like this?
Why do I want to see him again.
Am sure am just confused with what am feeling, I can't be in love with my boss..
I got up wiping the tears off my face, I went to make myself my favorite.. {favorite meal}!
After I finished making it and eating it, I went to bed, of course I made sure my alarm would wake me up at seven o'clock.

"Where is he..?" I said waiting outside. It was eight fifteen and he was no where in sight. I sighed, I went to call him. No answer, I felt so confused. Was this all a prank? If it was it was very.. Very cruel.
I waited for hours and hours, I gave him my address before I left work, there was no excuse.
Then I heard my phone ding, maybe its Updike!
Instead I saw Steven messaged me.

"Hey.
I didn't know if you saw the news but boss died in a car crash.
So we have to get a new job :(
Good luck on getting over this!"

I felt tears storming down my face, this was my fault wasn't it.. If I just said no he would still be alive, this is all my fault.. Am a murder.. It should of been me.
I walked in still crying, I flopped on the couch, my clothes where getting soaked, and my couch was too, but that is not what's important. What's important is that am responsible for this.
Why was it him..?
Of all people it could be they picked him...
Why..just w..why?
I sat there for awhile, I eventually calmed down. I went to change and dried my couch off.
I sat back down, trying my best not to think of him, but I failed.
He was kind..
The best boss in the world, and he had to die today. I don't want him to die, I want him to live, he needs to live, we need him, he is a hero for trying save people from the person named Whitty..
The world needs a person like that.
But.. Now its over. He's dead, dead forever.. I started tearing up again, I hated this, I hate this cruel world.
I went outside, I was crossing the street, I heard a car home I turned around to see a car about to hit me.
Then it did.

I screamed, feeling the pain, "Another nightmare, is this just going to repeat, nightmares every night?" I mumbled feeling tears drip from my face.
"At least it was just a nightmare.." I whispered to myself trying to think of positive things.

A/N: Hello reader! Hope you liked this chapter, but I wanted to tell you all something, I created a discord server! The link is going to be in my description when this chapter is published, hope you all join, and have a good day!
Changed Updike's name to the correct spelling :)