Epilogue: The heart never forgets

So, there she was, about to go to an event that feels like a high school prom but with more mentally matured people, and the cringe level lessened for about half the original level.

For her, there wasn't anything exciting about the Freshman ball, socialization was never her expertise but there was something with the thought of going with Asahi that made her smile even though she was struggling to zip up her dress on her own.

A date wasn't required, yes, but the fact that he asked her to go with him seems to have been hinting at something that could only be read when you read between the lines.

She let out a sigh of relief after she just successfully put herself together for the party, on her own and so she decided to look at the mirror to study herself and look for possible creases on her dress and smudges on her makeup,

But while she was staring at her own reflection, she noticed that every time she blinks, she sees someone looking back from the other side.

Confused if she was hallucinating or just giddy, she blinked even slower, and whenever she closed her eyes, there really was a girl, staring straight right back at her from the other side of the mirror, looking exactly like her in similar fancy clothes but with much larger jewels.

She shook her head and tried to close her eyes again but she couldn't see her anymore, and all she could see was the reflection of herself at the moment.

She shrugged and thought that maybe it was just some type of déjà vu or a part of her imagination since she's recently been reading about past lives and reincarnation.

But as far as she can remember, déjà vu doesn't show you in different clothes, wearing larger jewels so it was still pretty mysterious to her.

~~~~~

She thought this was gonna be better than her high school prom, but immediately admitted that it was a mistake.

Well, maybe for them, it's fun but for Ryumin, she was not having it. 45 minutes into the party, and she still hasn't seen a single strand of hair from Asahi, who's actually the reason why she was in this whole thing.

And she's already quite getting sure that he stood her up. But even though he did, there's still a chance that he did not, the party was just getting started so it's too early to tell.

"Hey," a warm hand landed on her bare shoulders and playfully squeezed her nape, making her twist her neck 180 degrees to see who it was

"What the hell, Asahi, you didn't have to scare me like that, I thought it was some creep!" she exclaimed as he pulls a chair beside her and settled there,

"Sorry for being late," he said, fixing his tie. She had a short glance at him and immediately forgave him internally for being late

"It's not like I did it on purpose," he added, Ryumin rolled her eyes at him and gave him the "really now?" look which he responded with a wink

They were seated on a round table watching the girls who had dates dance with their partners, some were even hugging while sweetly dancing- it disgusted her purely.

Unconsciously, she reached for the part of her shoulder where his hand landed earlier, thinking about how it felt warm on her bare skin that was cold from being exposed for quite some time now due to the lack of sleeves of her dress.

"It's sickening," she whispered to him over her shoulder, she noticed that he too was already spacing out

"Told you this wasn't our thing," he responded but not moving an inch on his seat