Ch 4- Back to where it all started

Choi Areumin

(In this chapter and in the next few ones, I will be changing the point of view from Choi Ryumin to Choi Areumin since I think it's more suitable because she's now portraying as the character of Areumin, Thank you and Happy Reading!)

With a jolt, I woke up on a different bed. Quickly I scanned my surroundings for people who may have witnessed that a mysterious girl just appeared suddenly on a bed and thankfully there was none.

What I noticed first was that I was holding onto a piece of neatly folded parchment all this time so I decided to open it out of curiosity.

"Areumin,

Since it would be too early to be calling for me, I thought it might be smart to place this on your hand to read right after you wake up.

You are now in 1892, it will all feel strangely familiar since you've been here in your past life, you just can't remember it because that's how past lives work.

Please be reminded that you should blend in and never tell anyone that you're from the future, that would be the stupidest idea you might ever think of. I'm sure you won't find any trouble blending in, but keep in mind that you should be careful with your words and how you use them. This is 1892, always keep that in mind.

GTG, TTYL.

-Keeper"

Wow, the irony.

"Mother wants you downstairs for breakfast," I was startled and almost threw the paper across the room when the door suddenly opened and a soft voice spoke after it.

I turned to her and nodded yes whilst thinking of something to say so I wouldn't look awkward or suspicious.

"Of course, I'll be down there in a minute," I said but had second thoughts about it, was it too modern? Did it sound too 21st-century?

I was like in a moving exam where I need to remember exactly how the book had said and done. And this was harder than I thought but, to be honest, I didn't really expect anything, I didn't know what to expect.

And this wasn't how it started in the book because Areumin went down for breakfast and her sister wasn't supposed to be the one to call her upstairs.

But I don't think this will make much of a difference, this isn't one of the things to be considered as "Big Changes" as Yoshi told me.

"What have you got there?" she closed the door behind her and advanced into my room, sitting on the edge of the bed where I was. I noticed just now that it had carvings of flowers on the wooden headboard of the bed.

"Nothing," I said confidently and the moment I said it, the crumpled paper in my hand disappeared, I thanked Yoshi quietly but prayed that she didn't see it.

"Have you already got someone to take you out tonight?" she asked while casually looking around my room

If I was in normal situations I probably would've blurted out "For what?" but this time I held back my tongue. I thought for a split second of what she was talking about.

Then it popped out like an idea bubble, the masquerade ball.

But I also recalled that it wasn't specified if she was actually asked out by someone or if she went alone, so yet again, I had to improvise.

"You first," the best thing to do was stall while I think of something to answer, so I let her answer first

"No one had plucked up the courage to do so," she admitted sadly,