Oliver Graham, Newest Playboy in Town.

I read on as they talked about how I dumped my last girlfriend for apparently no reason and how I'd done the same to other girls. The entire story was ridiculous, I had a reason for breaking up with those girls.

“Come on, Dad, you know this is rubbish.” I told him with an eye roll.

He raised an eyebrow. “Is it now?”

“Yeah! Don't tell me you believe this nonsense.”

He took the magazine back. “I don't but it can be quite upsetting when I have noticed the behavior.”

My eyebrows creased. “What behavior?”

“Since you graduated, you've gone through girls like your mother goes through books. Every couple of weeks there's always a new girl on your arm, it's not a surprise what the press is saying about you.”

I took a moment to digest what he said. He was right, I have dated a lot of girlfriends over the past two years but I had good reason.

“I'm not a playboy.” I insisted.

“But you're acting like one.”

I sighed deeply. “I know but it's not like I'm trying to. I want to find a girl that I can spend the rest of my life with, I wanted to find love like the one you and Mom have. None of those girls made me feel like I could have a future with them, that's why I kept leaving them. I didn't mean any harm.”

The waiter came back and put our food down. I started eating, waiting for Dad to say something. He did when both of us were done with our meals.

“I understand what you're doing but be more careful. Remember, you are not only representing yourself now but as CEO, you are representing Graham Innovations as well. If the media keeps this label on you, it won't be good.”

“I know.”

“Try to not let this happen again, I wasn't happy seeing you put in this light.”

He was disappointed which probably meant my mom was too if she's seen it. I hate it when my parents are upset with me especially her.

Growing up, I was a big mama's boy even as the oldest. I've been attached to her for as long as I remember and she's always been there for me. I've always wanted to make her proud as a thank you for all the love she's given despite not being my birth mother and the thought of her being unhappy with me was heartbreaking.

“Has Mom seen it?” I dared to ask.

Dad nodded slowly. “She wasn't too happy about it either.”

I knew it. “I'll call to apologise.”

“She isn't angry, not at you. She just hated that this is what you're being seen as when we know that's not who you are.” He assured. “Just be careful.”

“I will.” Maybe I should ask for advice. “Dad? How did you know Mom was the one for you?”

He smiled privately, tapping his fingers on the table as he thought of a reply. “You know we didn't meet conventionally and I don't even think I can remember the exact moment I fell in love with her. But I remember during our honeymoon was when I admitted it to myself.

I loved how giddy she was after we went parasailing and how much I teased her about the way she screamed while we were in the air. It's kind of cheesy but I couldn't deny I loved her on the ride back when we were on the jet ski and I looked back to check on her and saw her looking at me. It was quite romantic.”