08 : 𝖴𝗇𝗌𝗐𝖺𝗒𝖾𝖽 𝖤𝗆𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌

[💐]

[Y/N's POV]

Lady Hyunseul had partly withdrawn from the High Court due to Soobin's demand.

Four months into her pregnancy and she was only meant to receive the simplest duties such as reading scriptures, distributing letters, and bearing announcements. Lady Dalja had to appoint another apprentice to cover for Lady Hyunseul's absence in which she promised to make up for right after she gives birth.

Soobin?

Miraculously, his kind and loving demeanor resurfaced. I supposed he was threatened when I belted the idea of us separating. From the way I've been waking up to his side again, him thoughtfully asking how my days went, and his embraces tightening, I knew by then that a part of him still valued me.

Quite.

Maybe.

"Darling," Soobin tapped my shoulder. "Are you alright?"

I forced a smile. "I'm fine. I can't wait to get out of this carriage."

"Why, I'm sure the children in the orphanage will love you." He dryly chuckled. "Last time we paid a visit, a little girl wept because you had to go."

"I wonder if that little girl is still in there."

"She probably is," he hummed. "If not, then I suppose she's found a welcoming  family."

I subtly nodded. Behind our vehicle was Lady Hyunseul's own. She insisted to come as well, breaching her love for the youth as an excuse. I told her to stay back for the sake of her safety; but, Soobin seconded her request. I had no choice.

These two remained inseparable. Yes, my husband and I reconciled; however, that didn't save my skepticism against the lady. Within those four months of her pregnancy, Soobin's care for her intensified. He only had came back to me but never stowed away from her.

So, what was the damn point of our reconnection?

"I hope Lady Hyunseul's doing fine." Soobin yawned. "Will she be alright?"

"I'm sure she's fine." I discarded. "She's not a disabled person; just pregnant."

"It's a shame Minhyuk wasn't able to tag along. Stable duties."

"You really shouldn't have tolerated Lady Hyunseul's persistence, Soobin."