𝙍𝙪𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨《𝘿𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙃𝙤𝙡𝙛𝙞𝙚𝙡𝙙》

Tw: bullying, light mentions of violence, rumours?

1989

With a torn, lace dress, and a pair of heels in hand, you ran barefoot down one of the main streets of the town.
If it wasn't for the two boys who pulled apart the fight, back at the school dance, you would've had a black eye, a busted lip, and completely damaged , due to Joel being a complete physco towards the "popular" girl.

You weren't popular for the right reasons though, you had come from a poor homelife, and was practically failing almost grade. People who said they were your friends, turned out to be vindictive bullies, causing you to ditch them, and all the boys just wanted you for sex, all because of some rumour about how "easy" you were.

You see, when you first started as a sophomore, you were a complete loser, and all you wanted was some friends. Well, you got those friends, friends that ended up spreading a rumour about how you "had sex with the entire football, because you were apparently so easy"

The entire thing was untrue, and had left you in tears, until you started gaining pathetic popularity from it all; I guess you could say it backfired on those friends. You didn't enjoy the popular life as much as you thought you would, it was just too full of drama, lies, and fake people. You really wished that your popularity would go down the drain.

After running for a few minutes, you finally stopped, realizing that Joel wasn't chasing after you anymore, and that you could finally catch your breath. You found a bench along the water, and took a seat on it, the sound of the silent city giving an eerie vibe, a vibe that you didn't need.

You sighed, and ran a hand through your messy hair, before hearing some quiet footsteps approaching you from behind, making you quickly turn around to see one of the boys that saved you from Joel. He had messy red hair, and was holding a cane, which brought attention to his broken leg in a cast.  The boy was quite cute, with his little grin, and military jacket, tattered with pins and patches; his style was beyond unique.

"Is anyone sitting here?" Dinger asked, mentally face palming at how dumb his question was, of course nobody was sitting next to you.

"No, not all" you managed to give a small smile, as the boy sat next to you. Dinger couldn't believe that he was sitting next to his crush, and he couldn't believe that he was going to talk to her too.

"You and your friend were the ones who pulled Joel off me, right?" You wondered, making sure it was the same guy, even though you were pretty convinced it was.

"Yeah, I'm Dinger, the one and only" Dinger's grin only got bigger, when he heard you giggle at his comment.

"Well, thank you for doing that, I'm Y/n" you turned yourself to face Dinger some more, knowing a conversation would probably blossom.

"Yeah I know, you're the popular girl" Dinger stated, remember hearing about the how "easy" you were, and that it was the reason for your popularity; he was on the fence of believing it too.

"Unfortunately, I am" your disappointment was showing in your tone, and Dinger noticed it almost immediately, making him prepare to interrogate you a bit.

"You don't like being popular?"

You sighed, and shook your head "I never have"

Dinger raised an eyebrow, usually expecting everyone to be thrilled about being popular, and having the school at their feet, but he was apparently wrong.

"Why? I mean the school practically bows down to you , and every guy wants you, including myself" Dinger said, accidentally letting that last part slip, now he was sure that he definitely blew any kind of chance with you. In reality, you thought him kind of confessing his crush was cute, and made you blush a bit, even though you knew he probably just wanted you because he heard the typical rumours.

"Let me guess, you want me because of how "easy" I am right?" You wondered, adding the quotation marks on 'easy', which made Dinger shake his head. He didn't listen to those rumours about you, he just wanted you because he thought you were sweet, and real beautiful.

"Are you serious? I want you because I genuinely like you as a person, babe" Dinger explained, being completely honest about why he liked you. Afterall, he really did think you were a sweet, cool, and beautiful girl, a girl he hoped he'd get a chance with in the end.

"You're quite the sweetheart, huh? I don't know why I haven't talked with you before" you managed a smile, still a bit surprised that Dinger wanted you for the right reasons.

"Maybe it's because you've been blinded by assholes for too long" Dinger said nonchalantly, while you laughed, especially since it was true, really true actually.

"I guess you're right"

With that, Dinger sat by your side for an hour or two, making conversation about the most random things, or cracking dirty jokes that made you smile, and realize how much you were taking a liking to the boy.

"You know, I haven't even had my first kiss yet, but I'm still labelled as a slut" You shook your head in disbelief at the pathetic fact, remaining undoubtedly sad about being labelled like that, and because you hadn't had your first kiss yet. It sounded a little silly, but you just hadn't found the right guy to share it with, and even though it didn't seem like a big deal to some, it really was; especially at the school you went to.

"I don't think you're a slut, and I haven't had my first kiss either, but don't tell anyone that though" Dinger informed, which made you chuckle softly, and make eye contact with him. His blue eyes had the reflection of the moon in them, and you just had to kiss him; Dinger seemed like the right guy. Although, you had both just met, you could already tell that cherry-haired babe, was capable of being a gentleman to you, but a clown at the same time. To you, that was a perfect combo, Dinger was perfect.

"I won't, but you have to promise that you won't tell anyone about this" With that, you leaned forward, and placed your lips onto his. Dinger was taken back, but nevertheless, he kissed back, not wanting to waste the chance of kissing the girl of his dreams. Your hands gripped the collar of his jacket, while he placed his hands on your waist, both of you melting together into the fiery kiss. With heads in the clouds, you and Dinger felt the overwhelming intoxication, that accompanied the kiss, before having to pull away for air.

Dinger looked at you in shock, a crooked smile starting to crawl across his plump lips, that tasted like cigarettes, causing you to blush, and smile back. He never was expecting that his dream girl would even kiss him, and that it was the kind of thing that only happened in his dreams

~Not Edited