Chapter 8- Blue Needs Help

Start from the beginning

[Hm... WeLL, if it was me... I would call the brother myself, but what's the fun in that if you could just hand the phone to him?]

I smirk, "That is exactly what I was thinking too. Thanks for the advice."

[Heh, great minds think alike. So, could ya help me out, N/N?]

"Yeah, I got it. Talk to ya later, Honeybee!" In a hurry, I hold the phone to Blue, "It's for you." Blue flinches, his face turning an even brighter shade of blue, "N-No iT's nOt!" "Come on Blue, it's rude to make them wait." I say, sweetly smiling at him.

Blue huffs, defeated as he grabs the phone, "This is the magnificent Sans speaking..." He sharply glares at me, definitely recognizing the returning voice to be his brother. I bite my lip and look away, trying so hard not to laugh.

Blue sighs and walks back into the living room, annoyed, "I am completely fine! I don't know what you're talking about. I'm only doing this because the human insisted I should check on your health status.... DON'T EVEN START WITH THE PUNS!"

'Oh come on, we all know you secretly enjoy them.'

I shake my head, smiling as I finish plating my food. Next, I sit down at my small dining table. Taking a bite, I'm reminded of how much I loved these tacos.

'They're so delicious! Blue's gotten better with the seasoning.'

I take a bite, then another, and then another. I love the taste so much. Blue adds a little bit more sugar to his recipe. It was always so that his brother would enjoy it more. So the tacos have this strong flavorful spice, while also having a small sweet tang to them too.

'Not too spicy and not too sweet either. Of course, he had to experiment with a few batches to finally achieve that.'

There were previous times that I swear I was eating straight-up sugar. Blue would wait patiently for my criticism on it. Honey probably didn't say much to him, but being his friend, I tried to be honest with Blue. I'm glad he didn't take it the wrong way, and instead worked on improving his skills.

On the other side of the room, Blueberry seems to be getting a bit defensive on the phone while talking with Honey. He's tense, something that's definitely rare. Or at least, I would think so?

"I told you I was fine. What about you?!" Blue whines. There was a long pause as Honey replied to him. I finished my food but I can't help but sit there, paying attention to Blue.

'Is he really okay? I haven't seen Blueberry this distraught over something since Honey accidentally tore his favorite book.'

"Is.. Is it better there?" Blue mumbles, looking down and grabbing the fabric of his shirt. There was silence again as Honey replied. Not knowing what's happening is making my concern for Blueberry grow even more.

'What's going on?'

All of a sudden, Blue's eyes fill with tears as he starts crying, "I know. You seem happier there... but.. Why did you have to go..? Was I a bad brother? That's why, isn't it? You could've told me Papy, I can do better! I promise! I miSS yOu.."

'WhAt?!'

I stand up from my seat. What is he talking about? Honey moved out to be with his friends just like I did. Why is Blue blaming himself for that? Is his loneliness mixed with feelings of jealousy? Or was he not okay with Papyrus moving in the first place?

Knowing Honey's having to hear this from the other end of the phone, I have no idea how he's going to handle this situation. Normally, a hug would help Blue calm down without a second thought.