Chapter 26 - Xenus Finale 2

Start from the beginning

"It never was. It's the company you keep." he continued. "Do you know why you're here?"

I didn't respond.

"Because of the friends you keep. The people you love. I never wanted you, to hurt you at least. But when I saw that you were so beautiful, and you were my enemy's, I couldn't resist. I had to keep you." he said.

"That's why you're here. To keep you safe whilst I tear your mate apart. Such a beauty has no place in bloodshed." he continued.

At the sound of my mate, I tried to turn around, but Xenus held my waist, thrusting me against the wall with his body.

"Do you want to know why I hate him so much?" he asked.

"I don't care. He's your brother, no hate should amount to you murdering your family!" I said.

"He's not my brother." he said, "But you wouldn't know that."

"What?" I asked

"Look at me." he said, removing himself from my back. I refused. I know that seeing his face will anger me all over again. And I just can't. I need to keep my anger at bay. For my mate. For my pack. I must at least attempt to leave here alive.

"So stubborn," he said. "I'd prefer you look at me when I say this, but so be it, I can bend you to my will later."

"I'm going to kill your mate. He's not my brother. He's not my king. He's nothing to me. He's the enemy. Why is he the enemy? Because his brother, whose face I wore, destroyed my family. He defiled my sister. He burned my mother alive with my baby brother. He murdered my father. Your mate helped him do it all. And then, he has the audacity to not remember my face. "

"So guess what I did?" he asked, "I wore a face he knew, and loved. I wore his brother's face"

What?

"Aziki, look at me." he said, finality in his voice.

Please don't get angry. Please don't lash out. I chanted to myself as I finally decided to turn around and look the monster in his eyes. I've never hated anyone so much in my life. He murdered innocent babies. He murdered and raped women. He attacked my pack for reasons beyond me. How could I not? Ever since I got inducted, I barely got to breathe easily. Because his lousy ass kept wasting my time on something as trivial as his revenge.

Revenge only consumes the vessel it possesses.

And I'm sure as hell going to be possessed, because I'm going rip every limb-

A gasp left my lips as I completed my turn.

It wasn't a monster.

It wasn't the man I hated.

It wasn't an enemy.

It wasn't the man I planned to kill in more than one ways.

It was someone else.

My best friend.

My only friend.

Since day one.

My Xavier.

"X-xavier?" I whispered, my voice falling from surprise.

"Wrong." he said, his eyes void of the tender undertone I'm so used to. "I'm not him. Never was."

"W-what do you mean?"

"I'm not your Xavier and I'm not Xenus." he said.

"Then who are you?" I asked, tears filling my eyes.