Chapter 26 - Xenus Finale 2

Night 4

Night 4

"Alpha, I tried to warn you," the guard said, resignation in his voice.

We've been walking in circles, tunnel after tunnel, hallway after hallway, and still- no Xavier.

"Where is he!" I shouted at him.

The man turned to me, no emotions being displayed on his face.

"I wish you'd see," he said.

"What!" I shouted, anger dripping into my voice. "I don't have time for this!"

"You should've listened," he said. "I told you, you should've left but now it's too late."

"I can't leave without him." I said.

"Now, you can't leave at all," he said.

Suddenly, his figure disintegrates and disappears into thin air, leaving me alone in the hallway. So that leaves one conclusion; he's their witch! I've been wandering these halls with a witch.

Deciding it's no use I sit around bedazzled at the fact that I was just with an actual witch, I retrace our steps, in hopes of finding the room I was staying in. Instead of finding a way out, or back to where I was before, I just got more lost. This place is a maze and I'm starting to get claustrophobic. The farther I walk, the darker it gets and harder for me to breathe.

"You lost?" an all too familiar voice said behind me. I didn't even turn around. I could tell who it was without looking.

I stood silent, not bothering to acknowledge him. If I look at him, I'll want to hurt him and I'd be dumb to attack him here. Especially since I don't know the place.

"I know the way out," he said. "If that's what you are looking for."

"I bet you do." I whispered snarkily.

"Do you want to leave?" he asked.

The stupid bastard. Of course I want to leave, but I won't tell him that.

"Look at me," he demanded.

"No."

"Fine, don't look at me," he said.

In a matter of seconds I feel a presence pressing into my back. My blood boiled with anger at the feel of him thrusting himself into my back, and I threw up a bit in my mouth. No-one should affect me like this. But I can barely control my anger and disgust around him.

"Don't touch me!" I shrieked.

"Look at me." he said against my neck.

My stomach retched at the feel of him so close to me. Scouring my skin will not be enough to get rid of him.

"I need you to know," he began, "it was never about you."

I didn't respond. He didn't back up.