Chapter 14

Romania was significantly hot

Romania was significantly hot. Naturally, werewolves can stay warm in the coldest weathers but in the heat, we frazzle. We lose lots of energy in really short periods of time and we malfunction. Basically heat is very bad for werewolves. 

The temperature here is about 18 degrees Celsius and to a regular person that would be cool but to me it was hot as hell. Literally

"Adrian I'm burning up." I said to him as we walked from the jet to a car 10 minutes away. 

"Werewolf fever! Totally forgot you got those." he said.

"You're werewolf too big guy." I said to him.

"Only half. And I'm half vampire too so therefore the heat barely bothers me. I actually have never gotten Werewolf Fever. Moreover, many Morovle-s live here too and they have no problem with the heat. " he said. 

"Morovle-s?" I asked him. 

"Yea, another name for hybrids." he said while opening the door for me. 

"Oh, so what are Vampires and Werewolves called?" I asked.

"Well full vampires are called Moroi-s and as for werewolves, we haven't adapted a name for them because even though they are allowed to come here they don't come. They can come but the advisory clause of the treaty forbids them." he said. 

"So how am I here?" I asked him. 

"Well it's a little complicated. Both the treaties are customized for the specific creature; werewolf or vampire, but have the same main goal." he explains. "To protect its specie" 

"In the Vampire treaty, we have to protect our people; Moroi-s and Morovle-s, at all costs. Werewolves are allowed on our territory but if they were to ever pose a threat and that goes as far as them not doing anything harmful but our people feel threatened, then we can execute them without trial because by right, they are not to be here." 

"I never knew that because on the werewolf treaty-" he cut me off.

"Yea, the Werewolf Treaty mentions that werewolves are forbidden from all vampire lands but that is an advisory clause. That clause is a piece of advice to werewolves because if a werewolf steps foot on Vampire soil, their lives are completely in the hands of Vampires. And that is a rather precarious position to put yourself in. Don't you agree?" he asked me.

"Yea totally. So basically the treaty actually allows us to be on vampire land but are advised not to?" I asked him.

"Yes and it goes both ways. The difference is Vampires are cognizant of the actual treaty and not just the advisory clauses, so, we are more welcoming to werewolves but werewolves on the other hand, have no idea of the actual treaty and I don't know why that is. So if a Vampire is to ever step foot on werewolf soil, their lives are at risk because it is in the hands of a creature that is ignorant of the complete truth. And because the advisory clause states that we should not go on werewolf lands, if a life is lost, nothing can actually be done." he finished. 

"Wow, I never knew that." I said seriously. That was something to think about. My parents never told me about the treaty. It's nice that Adrian is educating me, an alpha, about things I should know without making me feel small or stupid. It's rather refreshing and rare in the Alpha world. 

Get you a man like Adrian. 

"Yup. As I am a pack leader and Vampire King, I know enough of both worlds." he said. 

"Great I guess. And Romania? What is it like here? And how will the people react with me being the first official werewolf in Romania?" I asked. 

"Well interestingly, many of them already know you're here as for how they will react, I'm not sure. I'm as ignorant as you in that department." he said.  I grew silent. I wasn't worried. I just didn't know what to expect. 

We were driving for about 25 minutes before a huge building came into view. 

"That's where we're going." Adrian said. 

It looked like a fairy tale castle and I'm not even exaggerating. The thing was massive!

"My parents are expecting you but not as my mate, I haven't told them that as yet. Honestly, I wasn't expecting you to come." Adrian said. Well, a normal werewolf wouldn't...

"My brothers aren't tho, so that's another surprise. I'm actually excited for you to meet my family but right now, not as my mate. You're really here as an Alpha who needs help. I want the focus to be entirely on the situation at hand because if they were ever to find out we're mates, we'd be staying way longer and it would be a lot of excitement." Adrian said. "You get me?"

"Totally." I said. 

We continued to approach the building and not too long after, we reached. I hadn't realized Xander was here with us until he opened the door for me. Up close, the building was beautiful. The walls had many intricate designs and the colours were mainly burgundy and purple. It was honestly a beautiful sight. Adrian came around to my side and began leading the way into the castle. As we walked, many people were lined up at the entrance - yes, lined up - and they all had mixed expressions. I never sensed any disgust though. 

When Adrian turned around, you could see the pride in his eyes. He seemed happy and at home here. There was a difference in his aura and something about his eyes and features gave me deja vu. It's almost as if I had met a different side to him before. 

"My home Aziki, welcome." he said with a smile whilst reaching out to hold my hand. I gave him a stern look which made he realize what he was doing. He pulled his hand back. 

"My family is on the back end, waiting to meet us but on our way there, I could show you places around the castle." he said.

As we walked he showed me a ball room that was massive! He showed me a tiny jacuzzi inside of a massive pool. The mechanics behind that,was far over my head but who cares, it was beautiful. He showed me his throne room, our bedroom - he took pleasure in whispering that in my ears- a couple of other rooms and finally the dining room. That was by far the largest building here, well as far as I've seen. 

"That is about half of the house, we can tour the rest some other time. My parents are down this hall." he said.

I was slightly nervous. And I never get nervous, well maybe I've never actually had something to be nervous about. This is the second time, I've ever felt this nervous. 

I didn't know what to expect, I was meeting my in laws, my mate's family. And as much as this was a strictly 'business' trip, I cared what their impression of me was. 

Here we go...

***********************

1202 words