Prologue

Status: Unedited

Published on: October 9, 2021

Y/n Tomioka...

She was an exceptionally strong and amazing child, she had held on to her life for years. She was the youngest sister of Giyuu Tomioka and Tsutako Tomioka. Some say that she was just a replica of her father's determination, calmness and shyness, some say that she took after her mother's elegance and beauty.

She was both.

Tsutako and Giyuu were proud of their sister, both of them were the epitome of both light and darkness.

The moon and the sun.

Yin and Yang.

Tsutako always had their village fawning over her, asking for her hand in marriage every second. She was really helpful around household chores, the village was sure that she would make a good housewife. Tsutako was like the sun, bright and happy, everyone could agree to that.

Tsutako, the light that everyone adores.

Giyuu on the other hand... The village was afraid of him, he does things the creepiest way possible but the fruits were always perfect in every way, no mistakes or imperfections. It had also spread around the village that he was a prodigy at sword fighting, but not a happy one at that. Giyuu is like the moon, having both a dark and a light side. Everyone was scared of Giyuu.

Giyuu, the darkness that everyone fears.

Y/n was the youngest. Everyone says that she was like the daughter of the Gods. Beautiful, helpful, skillful, talented, mysterious, and smart.

Her presence was enough to make the world smile, though at times she might be at her peak, causing her to suddenly have an outburst and spill it out to either Tsutako or Giyuu. Mostly Giyuu because Tsutako was busy with the chores everyday. Y/n and Giyuu were like a Solar Eclipse, they both need each other to make such a beautiful yet cruel thing.

Friendship and love.

Why is friendship and love something we should be cautious with?

Being really close to someone meant higher risks of them betraying you.

Loving someone can be mistaken with something called sexual desires. Marriage was something that is used to cover it with, making one in the marriage overpower the other and cause abuse.

Loving a family member was something that everyone in this world has in common. But there is one thing we could not escape or drag anyone out from.

Death.

We get too close to those people we love, and when it's time to leave this world, huge scars will be left open in our beings. Grieving will not help since it will just leave a much more bigger problem for us, so Giyuu carried Y/n away from their family's graves dug by their own hands as their clothes were dripping with their blood which came from their lifeless bodies that were now buried 3 feet from the ground.

Y/n and Giyuu were trying to find a place to stay at for the mean time before they find a place of their own. Giyuu was 13 at the time, Y/n was just 10 years old when everything started.

Giyuu tried to tell the townspeople what happened to his and Y/n's family, but they just thought that he was just mentally ill. They suggested that he and his sister head to his family member that was a doctor. Giyuu took Y/n with him to escape, on the way there, Sakonji Urokudaki happened to bump into them and took them in. Sabito was clearly wary of the boy his age, but they seemed to have become really good friends overtime.

Y/n also loved Sabito, and when Giyuu and him are away to train in the mountains, Sakonji would always be by her side. He taught her the basics of Total Constant Breathing, he was surprised that Y/n could pick up in just a few months, 3 to be exact. Giyuu was informed by Sakonji that his sister could be a very capable Tsuguko of one of the pillars, but Giyuu wasn't really sure what his sister would think of it.

After 6 more years of living with Urokudaki, Giyuu and Sabito took off at the Final Selection. Y/n was scared for her brother, but Giyuu reminded her that he was strong, same for Sabito. They both took off with smiles on their faces, their katanas on their belts as they ran to the battle field.

"Me and Giyuu are survivors, so don't worry about us."

"Y/n, you'll be fine. After this, we might even be able to spend more time together."

"Giyuu... Sabito..."

"We love you, Y/n. We'll be back in a week."

...

"S-Sabito..."

"Yes, the kakushi informed me." Sakonji said as he caressed Y/n's hair who sat on his lap, crying just after they were just informed of Sabito's death. "Don't worry, your brother survived." Sakonji comforted as Y/n shook her head against the former Pillar's chest. "Yes, one of them survived. The other died in the hands of those demons." Y/n spoke, sadness and anger tainting her voice. "Be grateful that Sabito protected your brother. Without him, Giyuu would have been dead by now." Sakonji told Y/n.

Y/n's eyes widened. "Sabito protected Giyuu..?"

Sakonji nodded as Y/n clutched onto his shirt. She smiled, a melancholic one.

"Thank you, Sabito..."

...

"Tomioka Y/n, you are now appointed as Tomioka Giyuu's partner in battles. Also, you are now a part of the Pillars. Congratulations, my daughter." Oyakata-sama announced with a smile. Giyuu still held his stoic face in the corner, but he was filled with happy thoughts on the inside. He was still really worried for his sister, but he knew how strong she was for her to move up the ranks in such short time.

From Mizunoto...

To Kinoe in just a week.

After she became a Kinoe, she had slain at least 67 demons in 3 days. That's much more than what Giyuu had slain when he was promoted to be a Pillar, he was really proud of his sister but she was really reckless. It made him want to punish her for her carelessness, but he was glad she survived.

They were both discussing their breath styles while on the way to Asakusa Tokyo, Y/n's breath styles were created by herself at 12 years old. She was already being trained the same way as Giyuu and Sabito were by Sakonji. Giyuu was already a Pillar that time, he would always go there to visit his Mentor and his sister.

Y/n's breath styles were made from the Water Styles, the ones Giyuu had learned from Sakonji in 6 years.

They were called Snow Breath Styles.

Just by making her moves much more precise than Giyuu's or Sakonji's, she uses both a katana and a bow with arrows.

Along with her amazing sense of hearing, smell and the way she used vibrations to secure her surroundings...

She was unstoppable...

This is the story of the Snow Pillar...