Chapter 3

Kylie's pov:

"Hey, Kylie! We're going to go pick up Taylor. Do you want to come?" asked Stacey.

"No thanks! I'm going over to Emily's house. I replied.

"Ok. Be good!" said John.

"I will. Bye!" I said as they got their  shoes on.

"Bye!" They said together and walked out the door. I walked over to the phone, and dialed Emily's number. The phone rang twice before Emily picked up on the other end.

"Hello?" She asked wondering who it was.

"Hey Em! It's Kylie!" I said. Em, is my nick name for Emily.

"Oh, hey Ky! What's up?" she asked. Ky, is her nick name for me.

"I was just wondering, when do you want me to come over? Any times good for me." I said.

"Any time's good for me too. How about now?" she asked.

"Sure. Be there in 10!" I said.

"Ok! Bye!" She said.

"Bye!" I said before hanging up. I went upstairs to grab my phone, then came back down and got on my shoes. Once I was all ready, I started walking to Emily's house. As I was walking, I smiled as I remembered how happy Taylor was just 3 hours ago.

FLASH BACK:

 I was helping Taylor get ready for her date with Josh (after going shopping for a whole day), when the doorbell rang.

"It's Josh!" she squeeled in a girly voice, as she ran down the stairs and started putting on her shoes while I opened the door.

"Hey!" said Josh.

"Hi! Taylor's just putting on her shoes. She'll be out in a minute." I said.

"Ok. Sounds good! I'm just really nervous!" He admitted.

"Just remember to be courageous and you'll be fine!" I said with a reassuring smile.

"Right. Courageous!" He said.

"But, there's one more thing I need to tell you before you go." I said.

"What's that?" He asked curiously.

"If you break her heart, I'll break your face! Got it?" I asked making sure he understood.

"Got it." He said looking a bit scared. Then, Taylor came to the door.

"Wow! You look beautiful!" He exclaimed making her blush a little bit. She did look beautiful. She was wearing a mid thigh length hot pink dress with matching hot pink 1 inch heels, and a necklace with a clear pink heart at the end of it.

"Thanks!" she replied.

"Are you ready?" asked Josh.

"Yep! Let's go! Bye Kylie! Say hi to Emily for me!" She said as they both got into Josh's car.

"Bye!" I said as they drove away in the car.

END OF FLASH BACK! 

 When I finally got to Emily's house, I knocked on the door. Emily opened it with a huge smile like she always did. She then pulled me into a gigantic hug. She was hugging me so tight that I couldn't breathe!

"Can't breathe!" I said, and she let go of me.

"Sorry Ky!" she said.

"Hey! Don't sweat it! No broken bones right?" I said. She nodded and smiled a bit before leading me through her gorgeous home to her bedroom. We sat on her bed and talked about all the drama that went on in our lives.

"Hey! Guess what my mom made for us?" she asked. I then sniffed the air, and found the nice warm smell of freshly made brownies.

"Brownies!" I answered.

"How'd you know?" she asked looking confused about how I knew that her mom had made brownies.

"I can smell them! Can't you?" I asked.

"No! The kitchen is on the other side of the house!" Em explained.

"Must be another one of my special senses!" I said jokingly. Everyone at school thought that I had these so called special, super senses, because I can see better, hear better, and smell better then anyone else in my whole school!

  We both giggled, and continued on talking. After a while, Emily's mom came in with a plate of brownies for each of us. We ate them in silence, as we agreed that they were to good to talk.

2 HOURS LATER:

As I was heading back home, I noticed that there were a few cars parked in my driveway. At first, I thought that it was just Stacey's and John's cars, so I just kept walking. But as I got closer, I noticed that it was social service cars. I immediately stated to break into a run up my drive way eager to know why they were here. I walked up to the first person I saw.

"Excuse me sir for asking but, what's going on?" I asked.

"Are you Miss Kylie Kirkpatrick?" he asked.

"Yes." I answered.

"We are sorry to inform you...but-"  I cut him off .

"Sorry to inform me about what?" I asked.

"We are sorry to inform you, that your adoptive family has passed away in a car crash."

...............................................................

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

A cliff hanger! What do you guys think will happen? Please tell me what you think! Comment! Vote! I'll try uploading soon!