Chapter 8: Wings and breakdowns

Start from the beginning

I take a good look at myself before I turn around. My eyes had an eerie glow to them, my pupils slitted. My skin looks very pale, either from the pain and fever or the fact I haven't gone outside in days, I'm not sure. My hair, now semi dry, was disheveled and hanging down a bit; some tufts looked odd to me, but I pay it no mind. I twist my body, trying my best to keep my head looking at the mirror as I show my back to the one way glass. My back is littered with green feathers, they travelled up to my shoulders and even covered the area between the space between my shoulder and neck, and down my spine, getting more sparse as they went down. My back looked swollen, especially near where my shoulder blades were. It looked mangled.

I sigh heavily. I need to find a way. It's been so hard but... There has to be a way to fix this.

'Knock knock' OH GOD!! My body flinched violently at the sudden sound. A muffled voice can be heard through the door. "Midoriya, It's Aizawa. I would like to speak to you." Aizawa-Sensei... Oh god did my friends get him involved?? Or is he just checking on me. Is he wanting to discuss how many classes I missed? I stay still, making sure my breathing is as quiet as it can. I really don't want to talk to anyone right now.. "Midoriya?" He calls out. I don't know why, but I slowly start walking towards the door, keeping my feet as light as I can to avoid making any sound. My foot comes in contact with a shirt on the floor and I slip, my foot balances in the air as I try to keep myself up. I put my foot down, skidding a bit. Crap. "Midoriya. This is important, may you open the door please?" My heart is beating, I really don't want to talk to him right now, he'll know something's up. Aizawa-Sensei is an extremely observant man, something I think he picked up from his job as an underground hero. He's been with us long enough to notice when somethings off with us. I take a deep breath, maybe if I can just talk through the door.? I'll just see what he wants. I walk to the door, opening it ever so slightly, making sure he can just see my face. I look up, he looks tired today. His eyes move slightly, from a small surprise back to his neutral expression. "H-hi Aizawa Sensei, sorry I-I took so long to come, I had some t-things to take care of first." Great. Good on stuttering Izuku, he's not suspicious now. "May I come in?" NO! This is my area, it's my safe space, he can't come into my nest!!... what am I thinking..? This isn't a nest! "N-no! Uh, my room is quite a mess right now. I wouldn't want you to be in here right now." I try my best to hide my fear behind a smile. "Okay. Then can you come out? No ones here to overhear us." "I-I can't, I'm not dressed properly." "Then get dressed." Gosh darn it he's persistent.. This isn't a simple are you feeling better talk. "Oh, okay." I close the door, and start looking at the floor.

What was that thought.? No time to think about it right now, I need to get this over with. I walk to my dresser, I grab a big hoodie, putting it on and pulling the hood over my head. I grab my gloves and slide them on my hands, making sure they cover up my talons. I walk back and open the door, just enough for me to slip through, I don't want him to see the mess. He looks me up and down, a confused glimmer shines in his eyes. I sigh eternally, an excuse forms in my mind. "Uh. I've just been feeling very cold today, the sickness is still not completely gone yet." I chuckle to try and lighten the mood that is already starting to feel thick. "Uh huh... Well, I wanted to talk to you about something important." Oh crap it's about the classes isn't it. "Is it about the classes I've been missing? Because I can make it up to you, I'm just waiting for the cold to go away completely, I don't want anyone to get sick-"

"Kid." I flinched. "That's not why I came to speak to you. I wanted to ask, are you okay? I've been hearing from your classmates that you've been acting weird as of late, has something been happening recently?" Why... Why did he have to ask that. Of course so much has been happening recently. I think I'm slowly turning into a bird for pete's sake!! But he can't know, no one can know. I won't let them get hurt!! "No, nothing has been happening recently, I've just been sick. I know I've been more moody lately, but that's just me being upset from having to stay in bed all day. I love my classes and don't want to miss them." I rub the back of my head, forcing myself to smile to try and get Aizawa-Sensei to stop questioning me. "Midoriya." My body flinches from his tone. "I want to help out, and I can't help if you lie to me." I don't want to involve you... "I.. I told you, nothings wrong." He sags a bit, a sigh escaping him. I know I've disappointed him. But I can't say anything. I'm sorry Sensei.... "Midoriya. You know you can trust me, right? I won't hurt you." I know... "Y-yea, I trust you." "I know something's wrong, no offence Problem Child but you're easy to read. Me and your peers are getting worried. You can trust me with whatever is wrong."

A Problem Humming in the AirOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara