𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭

[date; started - 8/15/21 • published - ?]

{summary; a continuation of 'not a love story' "maybe we can start a new book"}

TW; mention of sh

*lowercase on purpose*

*recap*
and louis. thanks for loving me for all that time, i know there is a piece of you that still loves me and won't get over me but as for now, i don't have much to say.

it didn't feel great watching you get married, always thought that would be me, sometimes there's a change in plans.

it just hurts to know that you were my title and i was just a chapter in your book.

no pov

harry packs his duffel bag that he brought for the wedding, the guests were all supposed to spend the night to attend the party that was planned later in the evening.

but harry already wrote the note, he wasn't going to stick around for a night of laughter and clinks of champagne glasses.

he exits silently through the hallway, stopping near louis' door to hear loud laughter and slight kisses being placed on his lovers lips.

louis isn't his, he hasn't been since they were so young, maybe they were too young.

before he reaches the elevator, liam and zayn bump into him, a box cascading on the floor causing glass to shatter.

harry looks down at it, to see a delicate box wrapped in light blue tissue paper with a navy blue ribbon, a clear as day wedding gift.

"damn harry, we just bought that not even 4 minutes ago." zayn huffs, but before he can continue he stops.

"where are you going?" liam looks into the younger boys' sad and gloomy green eyes, he knows.

"let's just leave zayn.." liam tries to walk past but zayn pulls on his sleeve.

"are you fucking kidding? harry's leaving and you have no concern?"

"not right now zayn, please." harry hasn't said a word, still glancing down at the dumb box as liam drags a concerned zayn away.

he opens the box to find husband and wife engraved shot glasses, tears brim his eyes as he steps on them. not once. not twice. but down to a powder of glass.

he slumps against the wall, his knees tucked in, it isn't supposed to hurt this much but maybe he deserves it.

he brings his lanky arms up and begins to tug on his less curly hair, his cheeks red and damp.

as louis laughs along with his newly wedded wife, he hears an urgent knock on his hotel door, he excuses himself to go open it.

"hey payno, zayn, what's up?" he says with a cheery wide smile.

"look at this mate, harry's done something." louis tenses at the name, sometimes he misses him and sometimes he hates him, it's a thin line.

he grabs the note out of zayn's hand, he quickly reads it over, and that's where the line of hate ends, he promised to always protect harry, right now he isn't.