𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

[date; started- 07/22/21 - published-08/12/21]

{summary; "he was my title and i was just a chapter"} ~ quote from tiktok

*lowercase text on purpose*

*switching between present and past time periods*

no pov

"hey darling." the doncaster accent echoes through the empty creme walled house.

"just wanted to call and say i love youuuu, i'll see you tomorrow and we can have a cuddle sesh, okay haz?"

"to repeat voicemail please press one"

he presses one, listening to his voice is what fills the empty void, the darkness that surrounds him, the cold air that wraps tightly around his body.

loving someone shouldn't be a crime, if it was he would be guilty once, he would be sentenced on the spot, listen to how his mother would sob, asking who he fell in love with.

he would testify, explain how a blue eyed boy with a messy fringe and a gullible curly head boy started off as friends who stared at each other a second too long.

he would open a book, a long one, a story he thought would be shared to their children, one that would go against all odds, maybe make the history of two boys falling down the stupid love tunnel.

he hates love.

he hates it for numerous reasons, one being the guidelines society puts on love.

how distasteful it is for one boy to fall in love with another boy, he would rather be condemned to hell than give in and love someone he doesn't want to.

secondly, he hates how it ends, he wants a fucking happy ending and he will never get it, not with him out of the picture.

~

"hazza!!" he rushes down the wooden steps, falling on his own foot, cursing silently to his clumsy self, until he feels a soft hand on his own.

"you should really watch how you walk h." louis' laughter fills the room, and he feels the heat in his cheeks.

he doesn't know how long he has liked his best friend, he didn't think it was really possible, love is what is in movies, yet here he is drooling over louis.

"thanks lou."

"of course curls, next time be careful for me yeah?" the curly haired boy nods and is pulled up to his feet, while smiling at the older boy.

"you are so adorable haz." louis boops his nose and leaves to go to the kitchen where liam, zayn, and niall are all sat.

"hi harry, we have sound check later." liam states, grabbing another cup of coffee.

"lucky the lads came over sleepy head, otherwise we would be late." louis smiles and ruffles harry's hair before taking a seat next to zayn and laughing at a meme.

he can't help but feel his scalp tingle, or erupt into butterflies with louis calling him random little nicknames.

he feels like he's in primary school again, when all the boys would have crushes on the girls with pigtails and pink little bows.

harry remembers those times, he would lie though, guess he has always been a bit off.

harry would say a random girl in the class and everyone would would tease him about it and he would shrug and laugh it off when in reality..

there was a boy, named chase, he would watch him run around and play tag at recess while he sat and picked at the green grass.

harry always saw the girls making flower crowns, he wishes he was brave enough to ask to join.