𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧

TW; contains self harm, sexual abuse/relationship abuse

[date; started - 5/22/21 - published - 5/22/21]

{summary; louis finds harry at a water fountain}

no pov

It was known in the small neighborhood that the pale yellow house on the corner of Maple and Evergreen was similar to a demon house.

Bystanders have sworn they seen dark shadow like figures breezing past the slightly open blinds in the window.

The house was supposedly built on an old cemetery where thousands of young soldiers fought, but that's just a myth.

What isn't a myth, is the 20-something year old man with curly brown hair who exits the house to grab the mail every late afternoon.

He always walks with his head down, it's normal for the neighbors just to ignore him, no casual greetings necessary since they know they won't get a response.

Which is why when a cheery man moves in, and goes knocking on the dirty white door of the pale yellow house, a tall buff man answers.

"yes?" he has a deep gravely voice with a hint of anger.

"hi! i'm louis tomlinson, i just moved in next door and i was won-" before louis could finish the door slams in his face.

"that was rude." louis says to himself and he walks back to his house, while unpacking some of the pots and pans in the kitchen, he looks out the small window above the sink.

He notices a tall lanky boy with curly hair walking out of the next door house.

He quickly walks out of his house, walking over to the lad who is struggling to get a package out of the mailbox.

"hello!" immediately the boy tilts his head down further.

"uhm, what's your name?" the mysterious boy immediately quickens his pace to enter his house.

weird...

louis returns back to his house confused, he continues unpacking the many boxes. After a few minutes he hears a knock on his wooden door.

He smiles at the thought of meeting a new person. He swiftly walks to the door, the cool autumn breeze entering the warm house.

"hello, may i help you?" louis looks at the same buff man from the house he was actually quite scared to go near.

"don't ever talk to me or that boy again, got it?"

Louis gulps a bit and adjusts his fringe.

"why?" louis asks curiously.

"because he doesn't like new people." The man walks away, leaving a confused louis standing in the doorway.

After unpacking some clothing and hanging it up in the dingy closet. He hums quietly to himself, the real estate agent that helped him with the purchase of this property, they told him that there's a peaceful park nearby.

There is apparently also a fairly large fountain that sits in the center of the park.

After packing for hours, a nice peaceful walk would be pleasant. After putting on a winter coat, along with a beanie and his beat up vans, he heads out.

Upon arriving, the wind picks up a bit but with him being bundled up, it doesn't really bother him. After casually strolling he finally reaches the large white fountain.

It has a few cracks but besides that it's quite beautiful, surrounded by overgrown shrubs adds to the fantasy feel of the entire park.

Louis walks closer and notices a person sitting on the other side, small sniffles can be heard. Louis being the caring person he is, walking closer to the sound.