Once she was inside her bedroom, Noelani placed the basket on top of the made up bed and then adjusted the door so that she could hear any noise that Alani made.

Continuing to hum, Noelani dumped the clothes onto the made up bed then reached for one of Jalen's t-shirts to start folding it.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Noelani could hear Leilani call behind her.

In response, Noelani let out an annoyed sigh but didn't turn around.

"Are you folding his clothes?" Leilani asked as she laid on the empty foot of the bed.

"I'm folding our clothes actually." Noelani said in a dry tone, "Don't start. I've literally had enough of you."

Leilani scoffed, "Ouch."

Her gaze turned to a framed picture on the nightstand of Noelani, Jalen and some of their friends, "Rude, Noel."

"Please shut up, Lei." Noelani responded as she grabbed a new article of clothing.

"Still rude!" Leilani replied.

Noelani ignored her, choosing instead to put away a stack of now folded clothes into Jalen's closet.

Her cousin followed her into the enclosed space, "He has a lot of shoes, huh?"

Noelani turned her head halfway to give Leilani a weird look, "Um, yeah. I guess. He's a sneaker head, that isn't a secret."

Leilani took a pair of Jordan 1 Diors into her hand, looked inside for about twenty seconds then replaced them on the shelf.

"What are you doing, Lei?" Noelani asked in an annoyed tone.

"Just seeing what his shoe size is." Leilani replied.

"You're weird," Noelani commented before pushing her cousin out of the closet, "What does it matter what his shoe size is?"

Leilani shrugged before plopping back onto the end of the bed, "You know what would fix your grumpy mood?"

Noelani rolled her eyes at the abrupt change of topic, "I'm not grumpy. I'm annoyed because you won't stop going out of your way to piss Jalen off."

"A little anger once in a while is good for the soul," Leilani replied in a cool tone.

Noelani sent her a glare whilst folding a white tennis skirt in her hands.

"Fine," Leilani blew out a breath, "If I apologize to him, will you come out with us tonight?"

"'Us'?"

"Me and Jamie. There's this new club opening tonight near LACMA. Come with us," Leilani encouraged.

Noelani made a face, "Nah... That doesn't sound like a good idea."

"Yes, it does," Leilani poked Noelani's shoulder, "When was the last time you went out out? Like dancing, have fun, getting drunk out?"

Noelani racked her brain throughly to provide an answer but most of her memories of partying were pre-Alani.

"I quit that when I got pregnant." Noelani admitted finally, "It's been awhile."