•5: Adekunle•

Start from the beginning

I opened my eyes and that's when I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I wiped it off and shook my head, getting up and putting my headphones back on. I took a deep breath and muttering 'I'll be fine' repeatedly. But honestly, would I ever be?

I started jogging back home when I noticed a few cars pass by. I jogged faster than I did when coming and got home in no time. The gate was opened for me by Saka and I went into the house, passing the kitchen door. I went into the kitchen and saw my mom already cooking. I walked up to her and hugged her from behind and pecked her cheek.

"Morning mom" I said to her while she patted my cheek and hummed.

"Morning son. How was your night" she asked after I had released her to grab a bottle of water from the fridge.

I took a few gulps and wiped my mouth, heaving a sigh. "It was normal" I said and shrugged, taking the remaining of the water. I was really thirsty.

When I said normal, I meant continuous toss and turns that always made me sleep deprived at the end of the day. Ever since that day, I never had a full night's sleep.

Mom nodded and got back to her cooking. "Alright then. Go and get ready for school and have your breakfast" she said stiring whatever it was that she was cooking.

School was resuming today. I sighed and said a little prayer to let God see me through this day.

"Okay" I said and pecked her cheek again, throwing the bottle away and leaving the kitchen.

I greeted Miss Ogadinma, our house help who was busy cleaning the living room. I climbed the stairs, got to my room and locked the door. Not like anyone was going to enter or anything but rather, I did it unconsciously 'cause I always had to lock my door when Yinka was still around, to avoid her stealing my things. Bad habits die hard.

I got into my bathroom and in no time I was done with my shower and cleaning up. I walked into my closet and picked up my neatly ironed uniform which consisted of red and deep blue checkered trousers which lowkey looked like Burberry's design, white shirt, deep blue blazer and a red tie, the words Horizon High School embroided neatly on them and wore it, leaving the jacket and tie. I wore my white socks and white Tommy Hilfiger sneakers, lacing and tying it neatly. I grabbed my jacket and tie and walked out of the closet, switching off the light. I walked up to my full length mirror and looked at my reflection. I grabbed my comb from the table and started combing my hair, removing and any excess water that was in it. I put my hair cream on it and combed through it again, leaving it in a shiny, soft texture. My hair was full and curly in a way, which I always ran my hand through. I love my hair. It attracts the ladies, yunno what I mean?

Anyways, I dropped the comb and took my already packed bag, blazer, tie, phone, headphones and exited the room, switching off the lights.

I went back to the kitchen and the lovely aroma of jollof rice and chicken, wafted through my nose immediately I entered. I smiled and moved towards my mom who was already dishing my food.

"Smells good" I complemented her cooking as she handed me my food which I took and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Tastes even better" mom said and smiled at me.

"Damn I'm salivating already" I said and went to the dining room to start eating. I dropped my food on the table and sat down, mom coming to sit beside me.

I took the first spoon and moaned. "Delicious" I said sighing in satisfaction and continued eating. Mom had a full blown smile on her face by now in appreciation. I had gone through half of my food in silence and decided to break it.

"So when is dad coming back?" I asked turning to face mom.

"He said in three weeks time when I called him this morning, saying he had some meetings to attend to" mom said shrugging while I just nodded my head.

My dad was a politician and was always on one trip or the other while my mom was a lawyer. They were busy people but always had time for me and I appreciate them for that.

I finished up my food, stood up, pecked mom on the cheek and muttered a thank you, which she nodded at and went to clean up the dishes.

I was about to start when mom came into the kitchen and mom told me not to bother and just head to school. I nodded and hugged her.

"You're going to work later today?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Mhmm" she hummed.

"Alright I'll see you in the evening then" I said and released her.

I went to where my bag, jacket, tie, phone and headphones were. I wore the tie, kept the headphones in my bag, strapped my bag, took my jacket and kept my phone in my trousers pocket.

"Bye mom. I love you" I shouted from where I was.

"I love you too baby" mom shouted back and I left the house.

In conclusion, I'm a mama's boy.

I went to my car and saw my driver waiting beside it. I nodded at him in greeting and we got into the car. Me at the backseat and him in the driver's. He drove out of the gate which Saka opened for him. I brought out my phone and put on my data, going through my messages and seeing the latest news. I put my phone off and rested my head on the car seat and closed my eyes.

A/N
Hey people🙈
So that was from Adekunle's POV.
What'd you think?
Right now I'm tired and I need sleep.
Next update will be tomorrow hopefully.

Vote. Comment. Share💜

Till the next chapter✌
🚶