Before Khaana could count it as a true hit, she found her speed caught with Leofric's strength he'd grabbed her ankle after the kick and held it in his fist. lifting her into the air. rotating her body in a catlike motion Khaana pushed against his chest with her free leg, throwing off Leofric's balance he stumbled backward. but refused to let go of Khaana's ankle and so they both started to fall.

The stumps of Khaana's wings flexed as if to fly again, she groaned to herself, "of course you can't" she thought. twisting her body yet again, she landed on her leg and arms for support, and with her captured leg and a great deal of effort she pulled Leofric up with enough force that it put him back on his feet.

Her leg muscles screamed, the Sax was very heavy and it had been ages since she needed to work them to such an extent. Lowering her leg Khaana stood up again, stumbling slightly, it hurt to put weight on it. "Maybe that's enough." Uhtred called. "that fine by me-"

"Come on," Khaana called taking a fighting stance once more. "Lady, you've been-" Leofric started, Khaana tossed him a bored gaze, "I made a muscle ache because it has been under used. If this was real I could not stop because something hurt a little." she said pointedly, "so come on," Khaana stated again.

Leofric shrugged and took a stance again. Khaana's attacks became more desperate as she grew frustrated with his lack of trying. Leofric was now going easy on her, it was enough to make her want to spit venom. Deflecting Khaana's attacks was taking a lot of energy out of Leofric who started to slow. with a soft annoyed hiss, Khaana lept away from the fight, turning her back and walking away.

"where are you going I thought you wanted to fight?" Leofric called after her. "It isn't a fight if only one person's participating is it, Urswine." Khaana snapped. 

Leofric looked to Uhtred, "I told you to stop insulting her." he said with a shrug. "I was being nice, she was hurt." Leofric reasoned. "She said she was fine. Khaana is prideful you insulted that pride." Uhtred said. Leofric sighed, "The woman's a wall." Leofric grumbled.  Uhtred smiled and walked over to Leofric giving him a pat on the shoulder, "trust me, you will be grateful for that during an actual battle." He laughed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

After a successful raid, Ragnar went to the waters to wash. It was a battle fought without the aid of Khaana's healing and while it felt more rewarding it was also hard-fought. A smile slipped across his face as even here he could hear his men celebrating their victory and preparing for a feast and tribute to the gods that evening.

Ragnar sank down into the water, his mind could recall years ago the time he spent with Khaana in the lake and from there what he had experienced just a few days before. It still made his body shudder. It was maddening and she often confused him, but there was no force on earth that could convince him that they weren't not a shared destiny. 

Coming up for air, Ragnar had to rub the water from his eyes, for a moment he thought the pond scum might have messed with them. But when what he saw before him did not vanish, his brows knitted together. "Brida?" he questioned slowly.  Ragnar fixed his eyes to hers, afraid to let them wander as the young woman stood before him bare on the shores of the pond. "It's good to soak in cold waters after battle," Brida said, ignoring the large question on Ragnar's face.

He watched her wade nearer to him a smile on her face, "you lead them well today, Ragnar." she praised. "We all fought well," Ragnar said placing on a smile of his own, why trying to create a bit of distance. Brida side glanced at the water, "do you miss her?" she asked quietly. "Every day, but a promise was made. I know we will all be together again soon. It's only time, Brida. It moves fast." Ragnar said, resting a hand on her shoulder.