Chapter 119 - Welcome To The Wedding

The next morning,Alicia was sitting in front of a mirror staring at herself.She was dressed in a traditional red qipao. It had a beautiful golden phoenix crafted on it.The qipao had been delivered by the assistant of the designer.She had come and assured her that if the garment was not of her choice then it could be changed.Alicia,however had instantly fallen in love with it and claimed that there was no need to change.

She had put on light make up as she would need to change her clothes later.The pink gown that she had chosen on the morning of the registration of her marriage,had also been delivered to be worn for the wedding banquet.Today's wedding was a mixture of traditional and modern marriages.The main wedding was supposed to be attended by the ones near and dear to the family and follow the traditional practices and the banquet was going to be a reflection of modern grandoise.

Pan Xinlei dressed Alicia's hair into a beautiful braid with flowers entwining in her hair.As per the customs,usually an elder woman of the family would tie the bride's hair.But since Alicia had no family,Pan Xinlei was the eldest among her friends and had volunteered for this.

Ru was wearing a black suit with a red shirt inside and happily staring at his mother getting ready.Once her hair was set,he quietly went and handed a box to his mother.He had specially chosen this for his mother yesterday..Alicia opened the box to see a beautiful golden hair clip.It was shaped like a butterfly and had small chains hanging below with glittering crystals at the end.She gave a big smile to Ru and thanked him saying,"Would you like to put it for me?"

Ru nodded with excitement and carefully attached the pin to his mother's hair.Alicia looked at this serious side of Ru and her heart melted.Picking her wedding bouquet she carefully cut a small bunch of the colorful flowers and pinned them to his lapel,making his face shine.

The three bridesmaid's were wearing gowns in a pastel pink color with different patterns.The color had been chosen by the designer but the style was different for each of them.They marveled at the

beauty and could only cherish the gowns and appreciate Ryu Long's generosity.The kids from the orphanage had also prepared their own little gifts and presented them to their Big sister Alice. Shi Ai was the last to present a gift. It was a beautiful sketch of Ryu and Al when they had been in the dining room yesterday...

Alicia happily accepted the gift and showered well deserved praises on the little girl making her happy..

A small band had been appointed to play songs for the wedding procession to lead the bride to where the groom was waiting.Usually the bride was taken to the groom's home but this custom had been changed a bit.Soon,it was time for the wedding.Uncle Ye came at the door and entwining their hands he led the bride and the wedding procession moved towards a small terrace garden where the groom was waiting..

Standing under an arch of rainbow colored hydrangea flowers,Ryu stood wearing the traditional wedding garb.He looked stunning and with the arch above him looked like the God of Rain and rainbows.Behind him stood his groomsmen consisting of Ru,Matt,Neil ,Ah Hai and CEO Yang.He turned around at the sound of a band.The first glimpse of his bride brought an unmatched smile to his face and eyes making him look even more attractive.

Once uncle Ye handed the bride to the groom,they went ahead and prayed together to the Jade God.They then kowtowed three times,paying homage to their parents and elders,The Bodhisattvas and earth and heavens.

The wedding was now blessed by tradition and everybody congratulated the bride and groom.

Alicia and Ryu walked together were surrounded by the guests were then invited by Ms Xia for official formal photographs.The wedding planner and her assistants guided the guests towards the hotel's gardens.