Chapter 54 - Court Hearing (6)

Ryu Long went to the judge's chamber after having sent off Alicia and Ru.Though he was a bit worried,nothing showed on his face.His worry also was not about losing Ru,he would never let anyone take away his son.His worry was that he would have to use illegal means to save Ru.Just as he was about to knock,Assistant Yang called him back.He whispered something in his ear which made Ryu's already cold eyes emit a more severe chill.He sent a crisp knock and waited for a reply.The door was opened by the bailiff,who then escorted Ryu Long to a seat opposite the judge.

Judge Baek had seen many men and women who tried to intimidate her to bend her to their wishes.But this man's gaze was not intimidating.It did not demand fear.It demanded respect.The gaze though cold was clear and made one think that this person could see into your soul.

Since Judge Baek had nothing to hide she was easily able to meet the young man's gaze without flinching.

His posture was very relaxed like that of a sleeping lion...

Leaning back on her seat,Judge Baek glanced at the bailiff and gestured for him to begin recording.

"Mr Ryu Long,first I would like to know the reason for your divorce with Ms Leona Knight."

"Irreconcilable differences.",he answered curtly.

Judge Baek waited for him to explain more but then realized that he had no intention of saying anything.The man was very recalcitrant.

She asked the next question."How much quality time in a week are you able to devote to your son?"

"However much he needs."

Already frustrated with the case,Judge Baek was even more aggravated."Mr Ryu Long,please give me a proper answer."

"Your Honor,I have never looked at the time when I am with Ru.So I have not measured it.But we spend enough time together to know each other well."

Still not satisfied with his answer,she asked the next question,"What is Ru's worst nightmare?"

This question made his fists clench."Ru has no nightmares.He sleeps peacefully."

"He was in hospital for a month,two years ago.This was also the time that you filed for separation from your wife.Mr Long,why could you not wait for your son to be discharged before you filed for separation."

"I had my reasons,your honor and I do not think they need an explanation."

Unable to control her anger,judge Baek burst out,"Are you just stubborn or blind?Mr Long,your son is suffering feom ptsd and you say that he doesn't have nightmares!"

"If you are aware of his nightmares then you also know the reason behind it.Then,your honor, why drag this case?"

"Because Mr Long the court needs evidence and proof.You have not provided any evidence,Mr Long.Why have you not done that?"

"I think Ru has suffered enough.He does not need to meet any monsters in reality."

"Then,evidence is even more important."

"I don't have any evidence.All medical history of Leona Knight was erased by her Godfather before his death.When I tried to divorce her she threatened to blackmail me by claiming domestic and emotional abuse.I don't want my son to be caught in a tug of war."

"Isn't that what you are doing now?Mr Long?I cannot give a ruling until all evidence is presented in court.You have until tomorrow to submit whatever evidence you have.Otherwise be prepared to share custody.This is a warning to you."

"One last thing,Mr Ryu Long,your son has eidietic memory.His nightmares are real and he will realize that sooner or later.